Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
6.8 [re-watch]
24-04-2011, 03:29 PM
6.8 [re-watch]
Ros' treachery is finally exposed, Harry heads out into the field (literally) and an old ally is revealed for what they really are.

What did you think?

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2011, 07:54 PM
RE: 6.8 [re-watch]
i LOVE this episode there are so many elements to it from ros realising she is blown that scene in the toilet is so well filmed and ouf course hermiones acting is outstanding.

from the moment adam finds out that she has done this he is hurt not just professionaly but personaly as well!

i was properly scared when harry tells her to shut up its such a change in charactor for her he is properly betrayed by her.

one thing that annoyes me near the end when ros and adam are in the field together its blatant it isnt hermione running and it really annoys me because it is so blatant its the wig that does it!

the death scene with harry and ros again outstanding in that moment harry reallt believes she is who he thought she was she tried to save him in detriment to herself and he realises this.
i always wondered if harry knew at this point what adam did or did he find out later but either way oine of my fave scenes in spooks is the adam ros and the coffin scene

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2011, 03:23 PM
By this episode I was so annoyed by Ros that I didn't care in the least that she had to leave. In fact, I was disappointed when she actually woke up in the end, lol. It would have been more Spooksesque if Adam couldn't revive her, methinks.

I'm also not impressed that Harry is so forgiving of her treachery. Just because she came back for you does NOT make what she did all right, Harry! Another thing that bothers me is why Ros planted a tracker on Harry that made it possible for the Yalta people to catch him. So apparently she was still keeping her options open? And then she has the gall to tell Adam he would have done the same, and that sometimes they have to give each other up? What hokum. Perhaps in the interests of the country, yes, but she did it to save her own ass. Oh, how I hate this storyline and the way it played out.

HN does deliver a brilliant performance in this episode, and that scene between Ros, Adam and Harry in the meeting room is excellent. 'May I sit down?' 'You may not.' Brilliant.

Harry looked mighty fine out in the field, at least, but even that won't make me re-watch this episode again.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
28-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I liked this episode, although I completely understand what you are saying, Silktie. I have to suspend my disbelief concerning how Ros ever got into this situation in the first place, but HN acting was superb, and you were keep guessing right to the end as to which side she was really on. I can't believe that Harry would so easily forgive Ros' betrayal so quickly, after all Harry is not someone that you cross and expect to live!
I was disappointed by the rapid jumps to finding the link between the media magnate and the whizz kid and the activation code, that appeared to happen far too quickly. And how did the Americans find all the Yalta operatives so quickly, long before MI5? And why didn't Juilet kill Harry after she had killed Ros?
And brilliant to see Harry out in the field.
This episode really had the feel of 'the end of the series' to it, always surprised that there was another two to go.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
29-01-2012, 07:58 PM
I really liked seeing Harry out in the field and out of a suit. He looked 10 years younger and very good in action. The briefing room scene with Harry, Adam, and Ros was so well done - the tension was palatable. HN delivered a fantastic performance, but I too couldn't figure out why Ros put the tracker on Harry.

Was Juliet always faking the paralysis thing? Considering that Harry said he spoke with her doctors, they must have been in on it? Was she supposedly involved with Yalta then? I had no problem with them showing Juliet as a traitorous bitch, but it seemed like they wanted to include someone from the security services and she was available, so it was her.

I do like how Ben comes to be a part of the service - that he gets involved over time. It's not just one event that brings him in.

Kazters, I was annoyed that it was obviously not HN running in the field as well. I get why she wasn't but it just stuck out so badly. I noticed over the past couple of eps that they did a decent job of hiding her pregnancy, but there were a few instances where it didn't work or they didn't care.

Zaf: "Shouldn't you be in prison or something?"
Ros: "This is the something."
29-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't think the paralysis was faked.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
30-01-2012, 05:43 AM
Yeah, I don't think it was faked either. Juliet's sudden mobility was one of the few things that actually didn't bother me in this episode. People do recover the use of their legs in real life, it's not unheard of. And I seem to recall Harry telling Juliet when he visits her the second time that the doctors were more hopeful. Quite a bit of time have elapsed since we saw her last, so it is more than feasible that she recovered after extensive therapy.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
18-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Since I'm watching this in reruns in the States, I'm admittedly well behind the curve.

I liked the episode, though I agree with most of what Silktie said regarding Ros.

One gnawing question at the end: What was the point in Yalta killing ( or trying to kill ) Ros. At this point, Harry and Adam know just as much about Yalta operations. In fact, by this point half of MI-5 knows as much as Ros!! I don't get it.