01-01-2012, 06:27 AM
RE: Spooky Holidays 2011/12
I'm so boring I was asleep by 10.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
I had a nice quiet NYE with family in the end, played some bored games, had some fun. It was nice.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2012, 06:23 PM
The best NYE's I have had, young or old(er), are the one's spent quietly with family. We had a lovely one as well. Fire in my mother's fireplace. My sisters lasagna. We made a gingerbread town. My kids stayed up the whole way so they could spray me with Silly String at midnight.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
06-01-2012, 07:10 PM
That sounds really nice, AC.

I went to a private party and it was fun, fun music, old friends... It was so short for me!!

Today it's the Three Kings thing in Spain, I've got some nice presents Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
06-01-2012, 07:38 PM
(06-01-2012 07:10 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  That sounds really nice, AC.

I went to a private party and it was fun, fun music, old friends... It was so short for me!!

There was a ukelele or two in there as well. Cool

I've been thinking of Three Kings Day. My mother always said that it was bad luck to keep one's decorations up after Three Kings Day. Given that she is pure blue blood 13th generation American, I have no idea where that came from. Unless she was making it up to stop us begging her to keep them up. Best not to tempt fate. I'm still taking my down starting this evening. Big Grin

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
06-01-2012, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 08:22 PM by Tea Lady.)
(06-01-2012 07:10 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  That sounds really nice, AC.

I tried the grape thing Beatriz at midnight and nearly choked. Wink Good fun though.
(06-01-2012 07:38 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  I've been thinking of Three Kings Day. My mother always said that it was bad luck to keep one's decorations up after Three Kings Day. Given that she is pure blue blood 13th generation American, I have no idea where that came from. Unless she was making it up to stop us begging her to keep them up. Best not to tempt fate. I'm still taking my down starting this evening. Big Grin

Do you think I will get in trouble for still having Ruth's santa hat on? Smile

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
06-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah the feast of the Epiphany is when the decorations are meant to come down. My dad likes to leave the lights up for Australia's national holiday at the end of the month but I think the tree is coming down today, the 7th.

07-01-2012, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 01:08 AM by A Cousin.)
(06-01-2012 09:24 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Yeah the feast of the Epiphany is when the decorations are meant to come down.

Ooohhh...OK. Must have slept through that lesson in Confirmation class. BlushWink But I did remember that it had something to do with The 12 Days of Christmas.

As a matter of fact, I am taking a break from "reclaiming" our living room from the tree. Our cat who hated us for putting the tree up in the first place will be equally as pissed off at me for taking it down now! Big Grin
(06-01-2012 08:13 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Do you think I will get in trouble for still having Ruth's santa hat on? Smile

I think you should wear it year round, TL. I am sure it quite becomes you! Wink

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
08-01-2012, 03:40 AM
I'm going to close this thread now as Christmas and New Year celebrations or their equivalent are over everywhere now. If I thought we had people celebrating Chinese New Year I would leave it but no one has declared such an interest.

Happy New Year guys! Hope 2012 is aces.