Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks DVD's
29-12-2011, 01:57 PM
zzWink Spooks DVD's
I got all of the Spooks DVD's for Christmas! Sooo excited! Can't wait to watch them all!

Who else has any of the DVD's?

Smile

Spooks♥
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: Spooks DVD's
Just got series ten last week which completes my collection :-)

Disappointed that it wasn't properly advertised on Amazon (well to me anyways!) that there were different types of box sets.. I'd bought series 6-8 in a normal DVD cases which ruins my collection a little bit :-(
24-01-2012, 05:28 AM
Ruth RE: Spooks DVD's
I'm hoping to start buying the DVDs soon and I'm curious if anyone knows if there are differences between the region 1 (US) and region 2 (UK) versions as far as what material - such as bonus features, commentaries, etc. - is included. I'm in the States so if I go with the region 2 versions I'll also have to invest in a new DVD player that can be hacked to be region free, but that wouldn't bother me much. However, if the material is the same, then I have to decide between the much lower cost of the UK versions (even with shipping to the states) and the convenience of the US versions and not having to worry about having a region-free player.

I do have to admit to having a preference to the packaging saying "Spooks" rather than "MI-5" but that's just me being a purist (my husband would just say that I'm picky.)

Zaf: "Shouldn't you be in prison or something?"
Ros: "This is the something."
24-01-2012, 07:28 AM
As I understand it the UK versions come with all the extra's and the US versions generally don't. I live overseas as well and have bought a region free DVD player purely to watch DVD's from the UK. You can pick them up pretty cheaply nowadays and have the advantage of knowing you can watch DVD's from wherever in the world. I buy most of my DVD's from the UK as even with shipping (usually free from Amazon) it works out at about a third of the cost.
24-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Sparky, thanks for the information. I was adding DVDs left and right to my AmazonUK wish list last night. Hopefully soon I can actually order them. Smile

24-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Just to complicate things for you a bit, SweetTea...

I own the Region 1 S1-9 DVD's. All the region 1 DVD's contain extras except S9, which has nothing. Looks like S10 will be bereft of extras as well.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
24-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks, AC. I should have known that nothing would be easy when it comes to Spooks. Smile

31-01-2012, 02:22 AM
I think I managed to hack my newer DVD player so I went ahead and ordered series 9, which was dispatched today via Royal Mail. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will play in my machine. I was pleased to see at even with shipping costs my order total was just under $20. I've been rewatching the series and am just about to start 7.1, so the arrival of series 9 will be well timed.

I'm seriously such a geek about this show...

06-02-2012, 10:04 PM
zzWink RE: Spooks DVD's
My S9 Region 2 DVDs arrived today and it's a good thing I was home alone. (I was actually watching PF in "Tess.") I tried them out only to find that the picture was in black/white and rolling. I changed it from Region free to Region 2 and then had to specifically set the feed as NTSC (from Auto, as I suspect it was trying to read it as PAL) and then I had Spooks in glorious, non-rolling color. At that moment, my remote quit working and for a moment I thought I wasn't going to be able to move through the commands for some strange technical reason, but thankfully it was just dead batteries.

Needless to say I'm quite excited, even if it is Series 9.

18-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I have Series 1-8 on DVD. I am going to purchase Series 9 and 10 at some point to complete my collection (when I'm not skint!)