Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BAFTAs 2012
24-04-2012, 04:46 PM
zzVideo BAFTAs 2012
Spooks has been nominated for Drama Series Yahoo Wonderful news!!
Hope they get it, it would be a great way of saying goodbye.

I can't believe neither Peter Firth nor Nicola are among the nominees... Angry

The ceremony will take place on Sunday 27 May 2012, fingers crossed!!

You can check the entire list here.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2012, 05:06 PM
RE: BAFTAs 2012
Cheers, Bea. Good luck to Spooks. After ten years, getting a nomination is great.

"Gobsmacked" is the word I would use to describe the lack of nominations for Peter and Nicola.

I wonder if the actors will go to the ceremony this year, with no three line whip in place from Kudos anymore.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
24-04-2012, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 06:42 PM by A Cousin.)
OOH! I have been waiting for this!

Well, that's good news for Spooks in general. Hasn't the programme itself had a nomination before though? Early on?

As for the competition, we got The Fades on BBC America, but I do not know the others. Can someone fill me in?

Who knows about PF and NW. Maybe they did submit their work but just didn't make the short list? Highway robbery, if you ask me. I too would have liked to see PF in particular on the list. Thought he might have a real chance at it this time 'round. Oh, well.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
24-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Ruth RE: BAFTAs 2012
It's too bad that neither Peter or Nicola got a nod, Peter especially. It would have been nice to see them get the recognition of a nomination.

Have any of the actors from Spooks been nominated in the past?

Zaf: "Shouldn't you be in prison or something?"
Ros: "This is the something."
24-04-2012, 07:13 PM
(24-04-2012 06:52 PM)SweetTea Wrote:  Have any of the actors from Spooks been nominated in the past?

Not at the BAFTA's. RPJ and HN were nominated and won (I think) the Crime Thriller Awards.

The BAFTA website has pages describing the process. But since I get off on this kind of stuff, and forgive me if you already know this, the nomination process for the TV BAFTA's is a slightly different process than we would be familiar with on our side of the pond, SweetTea. The actors (or their agents) actually have to take the initiative to submit a scene for themselves, after which it goes through several elimination rounds until the short list of 4 is determined. We may never know who actually submitted what, but I would imagine that actors who place less weight on having an award and/or keep a lower profile in general would be less inclined to do so. And even if they do, KUDOs/The BBC would have to pump a lot of money into promoting the nomination to the voters during the whole process.

That doesn't stop me from wishing PF had received a nod, though. He deserves it. His work is stellar in S10.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
24-04-2012, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 09:10 PM by jh1892.)
Yey for spooks getting a nomination! Would be amazing for them to win as a kind of parting achievement! If im honest I'm shocked neither PF or NW were nominated but after what A cousin just described about the nomination process I find it a little more understandable. But good luck to spooks , the tenth series isnt my favourite to be honest but its still better than anything else nominated or on tv Smile
It appears that the spooks production team have been nominated for various BAFTA's. Spooks interactive won lots of awards for the production team in 2007 but it doesn't look like the actors have been nominated, but the series won best drama in 2002 but not since Smile Sorry if this is repeating things that people already know but this is news to me!

Malcolm: "No-one sees us; we go through walls."
Tom: "Malcolm could you just pop through the wall and make us a cup of tea" Big Grin
27-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Gutted Spooks didn't win the BAFTA - but congratulations to The Fades I suppose... Nice clip of the car chase from 10.5 and they quickly showed the Spooks cast and crew's reaction and PF and NW looked lovely Smile

Malcolm: "No-one sees us; we go through walls."
Tom: "Malcolm could you just pop through the wall and make us a cup of tea" Big Grin