Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ongoing Storyline
04-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Ongoing Storyline
I loved the way the handled storylines in this series, they had lots of layers to them, which all inter-twined and tied off nicely towards the end of the series.

It felt like a very long film... (not a bad thing). Big Grin

What did you think?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2009, 01:20 PM
RE: Ongoing Storyline
What are your opinions?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I quite liked having the underlying story line, I thought that it made it seem more realistic as political issues don't normally just disappear after one thing, they normally stick around for a while.

(I really need to work out how to make the ideas that form in my head write themselves clearly onto the page. Sorry if the first sentence makes no sense.)

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
31-10-2009, 04:10 PM
OK, I liked the premise of one big story linking all of them over the series, but
Spoiler: show
I think it was done much more successfully in season 7 and hopefully this year for season 8.

The main issue was that I wasn't crazy about most of the characters involved, and I really missed Ruth and Zaf - normally I wouldn't say that, the show is very good at picking itself up, dusting off and moving on. But I loved how Hogan worked out, that was great.
30-04-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm liking the new format, so far. Granted I am only just through 6.6. I have had moments where I have to remind myself to breath, or laugh sardonically with the thought that poor section D just can't catch a break! It is kind of like watching then Keystone Cops - enough with the f***in' triggers, already!

And from a production stand point, the filming seems different somehow? I have a vague memory that they started to use a different film stock with this series? I can see every pore. It is very, um, "realistic."

And, apropos of nothing, they are trying valiantly to hide HN's very pregnant belly but I find myself concerned for her on occasion watching what she is doing physically. I know she has a stunt double but, as I am moving through the series, it is taking me out of it at moments. Nice jacket though. I could see Olga Sosnovska and Nicola Walkers but they weren't any where as far along.

I don't know how Hogan "works out" yet but I like the actor. He's got a decent America accent. Maybe a little forced at times but at least contained to one dialect within Standard American English. This is generally an issue I have to suspend my disbelief on with Spooks. Some are better than others.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
30-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Don't worry too much - the baby and she turned out fine!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
30-04-2010, 05:15 PM
(30-04-2010 04:02 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Don't worry too much - the baby and she turned out fine!

Smile I'm sure they did, JHyde! Lord knows mine did! Not that I was defending the British realm from terrorist threats nor withstanding torture nor dragging my co-workers from an over flowing bathtub nor being thrown across an airplane nor generally kicking A, well, you get my drift, but I did fall off a ladder and get rear ended! Not at the same time. Wink

I'm just saying that my concern actually took me out of the moment but that HN is one heckuva actress to do all she did!

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
30-04-2010, 05:19 PM
I actually could hardly tell HN was preggers except for her face. NW was like that too.

They do a better job of hiding it on Spooks than on other shows, I think.

But I know what you mean.

I still think the overarching storyline of this season didn't work so well, although the final two episodes are excellent, definitely the best of the season. The pay off for one character, which I mentioned earlier in this thread, was probably one of the most rewarding moments of the season and explained a great deal.

30-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I have to admit that I have lost the plot a few times but have chalked that up to my only being half way through the series. I have been told by others to get through S6 and get to S7. Most of them have been American and seemed have been a little (for lack of a better word) offended with how Americans were being presented. Doesn't bother me.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
30-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Season 6 is the weakest of the bunch for me so far, without a doubt. Keep going for certain.