Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
BBC3 - "cant wait until next week?"
06-10-2009, 01:31 PM
BBC3 - "cant wait until next week?"
Obviously we dont know if the BBC will do with series 8, what they have done in the past, in showing the following weeks episode straight after that weeks episode on BBC3, but I was wondering if you have been tempted to watch it? If so what is the purpose in doing that for the BBC? Also dont you risk a gap at the end of the series in that you have to wait 2 weeks without a Spooks episode to watch the last episode of the series? How do you cope?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2009, 01:46 PM
RE: BBC3 - "cant wait until next week?"
I find 9pm a very difficult time to actually be able to sit down and watch a programme so I've never been in that position to know. I always end up watching things on iPlayer.
06-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I have never watched the episode on BBC 3 following the BBC One Episode.. don't know why.. I just feel like it's cheating.. lol.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2009, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2009 04:51 PM by almh.)
I wasn't allowed to because I was watching it in my parent's bedroom and they wanted to go to sleep after the first episode Sad

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
18-10-2009, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2009 12:47 PM by penfold.)
I always watch the next episode on BBC3, can't bear the thought that it's on and I'm not watching it. No willpower at all. Waiting for two weeks for the last episode is difficult though - but fgs we're getting well trained in 'waiting' aren't we?

Mind you I always watch all the repeats on Watch, Alibi etc as well - even though I've got the DVDs. For the same reason!
19-10-2009, 05:32 PM
(18-10-2009 12:47 PM)penfold Wrote:  I always watch the next episode on BBC3, can't bear the thought that it's on and I'm not watching it. No willpower at all.

I've got to agree penfold, even if it means watching the same episode twice (shame).
Like you I'm also watching all the re-runs.

Colin Wells: Didnt we bug this suite when Bill Clinton used it?
Malcolm Wynn-Jones: We did.
Colin Wells: Happy days!
20-10-2009, 11:28 PM
(18-10-2009 12:47 PM)penfold Wrote:  I always watch the next episode on BBC3, can't bear the thought that it's on and I'm not watching it. No willpower at all. Waiting for two weeks for the last episode is difficult though - but fgs we're getting well trained in 'waiting' aren't we?

Mind you I always watch all the repeats on Watch, Alibi etc as well - even though I've got the DVDs. For the same reason!

If I were only going to watch each episode once, I'd agree...but be happy......I don't know when I'll see it at all.....unless some kind souls puts it on YT!

someone told me yesterday that she watches series 7 at least once a week........

[Image: spooks901mini.jpg]
21-10-2009, 02:43 AM
(20-10-2009 11:28 PM)Lucasfan Wrote:  If I were only going to watch each episode once, I'd agree...but be happy......I don't know when I'll see it at all.....unless some kind souls puts it on YT!

someone told me yesterday that she watches series 7 at least once a week........

was that me on another forum or site? coz i do that!
i have had the season 7 dvds for a while now (am aussie) and i tend to put the dvds on when theres nothing good on tv and i am playing on my computer as background noise....though i usually end up watching it coz i enjoy it so much. plus the eye candy. Big Grin

"But, predictably, I never got further than furtive hamming in the full-length mirror, striking Napoleon poses and mouthing Machiavellian catchphrases."~Necrotriva vs Skull
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I wonder why the BBC actually show the next episode on 3 in advance for it surely hits the ratings?

Since it is in a different week the totals can't be amalgamated. I think something like over 500,000 watched BBC3 and I would think a good percenatge of those would not watch when it was shown on BBC1.

The show was regularly top 30 and BBC top 10 last year - if they only showed the same episode each week it would surely have been top 20.
03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I can't understand the Beeb for showing the next episode on BBC3 the same week. I like the suspense of having to wait a week for the next episode. At least it's something to look forward to rather than drivel like the X-factor, which gets 3 hours a week!