Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
27-12-2009, 04:22 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
(25-12-2009 10:37 AM)almh Wrote:  Did anyone notice much HR in the time between 5.5 and 8.1? There was a bit in 5.6, when he sees Ruth there, but was there much else? Just wondering if the writers did notice it then and put it in the script

Can I be really dumb and ask what a "shipper" is? I am sure I am a H/R shipper but not sure what it means. With regards to Almh's point there was another moment in 5.6, where Harry has to go in to see Juliet. He stops dead just before her office and has to take a deep breath. He has to pretend all is well before he goes in there and has to prepare himself.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
27-12-2009, 04:33 PM
That could also be because it seemed like it was the first time he'd interacted with her since she was in the hospital. But I think it was both.

the whole "shipper" thing is a term used to describe Harry and Ruth fans. As in worshipper, I think. I can't remember how it got started but I think it was either on fanfiction.net or the other forum.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
27-12-2009, 04:38 PM
(27-12-2009 04:33 PM)JHyde Wrote:  That could also be because it seemed like it was the first time he'd interacted with her since she was in the hospital. But I think it was both.

the whole "shipper" thing is a term used to describe Harry and Ruth fans. As in worshipper, I think. I can't remember how it got started but I think it was either on fanfiction.net or the other forum.

I see, worshipper....shipper.
Harry did flirt with Juliet a little in her office in that scene. Maybe he was over the top, trying too hard to appear normal.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
27-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I love her reaction in that scene - so funny!

I don't know about flirting, more affectionate.

27-12-2009, 05:36 PM
(27-12-2009 01:03 PM)Silktie Wrote:  We have discussed what present Harry would give Ruth for Christmas and the fact that he's not too great at it, but what about Ruth? The only present we know of that she ever gave Harry was a few bottles of Scotch - not exactly imaginitive either! What could Ruth have given Harry for Christmas?

mmmm. toughie.. blokes are always tough to buy for... either something profound music or books wise; neither of which I would have any idea what he would really like, or maybe something more personalised and homemade like a map showing locations for the Grand Tour, with attached descriptions of galleries, museums, cafes and hotels from each place! A file!

I did like the cufflinks with mules idea of JHydes lol. I am sure he would be like Malcolm and put them on immediately!

" Harry is a pugilist for the State, but he's a lover, not a fighter " - Peter Firth

[Image: hr6.jpg]
27-12-2009, 05:42 PM
The map is a wonderful idea.

Maybe tickets to some beautiful recital in a gorgeous venue? (Can I say how much I envied Ruth and Malcolm doing a scratch singalong in St Martins? Every singer dreams of that.) That way they could spend some lovely time together in nice clothes and appreciate each other properly.

27-12-2009, 06:39 PM
(27-12-2009 04:22 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Can I be really dumb and ask what a "shipper" is? I am sure I am a H/R shipper but not sure what it means. With regards to Almh's point there was another moment in 5.6, where Harry has to go in to see Juliet. He stops dead just before her office and has to take a deep breath. He has to pretend all is well before he goes in there and has to prepare himself.

It's a term that denotes fans of a certain romantic relationship, in this case HR. It originated on internet discussion forums for US TV shows, I think the X Files' Mulder/Scully relationship fans were almost the first to be called Mulder/Scully shippers. Shipper is basically a shortened version of relationshipper.

Like the mule cufflinks idea! Or perhaps tickets for the next Ashes cricket test. Ooh, or one of the really old Wisdens, like the one Danny got in 3.3.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
27-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Those are really good ideas. I hate buying presents, and am rubbish at it, so am totally sympathetic to Harry plight, and would have totally bought the person I fancy chocolates Tongue

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
28-12-2009, 04:15 AM
I'd forgotten the Wisdens Smile

I think it would be nice to go to something they could both enjoy and we don't know if Ruth likes cricket. The funny thing is, Ruth is so awesome she probably does and can talk spin bowling technique with Harry. He'd like that, although he might be a bit taken aback. In some ways though, I'm not sure Harry likes to share certain activities with women. Not that he's a chauvinist, AT ALL, but I do think he sees certain activities as male bonding ones, not to be shared on a date.

I suspect to spend time with Ruth he'd rather something a little more traditional.

And I say this as somebody who would LOVE to go to the cricket with Harry.

28-12-2009, 09:51 AM
LOL! I think their relationship is quite a traditional one so they'll go to more of the traditional places...

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.