Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
29-12-2009, 06:52 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
Lol, a drink together perhaps? Wink

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
29-12-2009, 06:55 PM
That was rather that I had in mind, yes. Why celebrate separately when they can celebrate together?

I think that should be their motto. Although they don't celebrate much, do they?

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
29-12-2009, 07:03 PM
It's never too late to start new traditions, I say. Suggestions for new traditions for Harry & Ruth:

Have celebratory drinks TOGETHER when anything remotely uplifting happens.
Have consolatory drinks TOGETHER when anything remotely depressing happens.
Have drinks TOGETHER to celebrate birthdays, Christmas, Hanukkah, and the national days of every nation that they spy on in the line of duty.
Etc...

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
29-12-2009, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2009 07:05 PM by JHyde.)
Exactly. And maybe more than drinks soon......otherwise they will both definitely have a drinking problem very soon.

29-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I think they'll have to have dinner as well... Wink

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
29-12-2009, 07:09 PM
And then some, er, exercise to get rid of all the calories...

29-12-2009, 07:12 PM
(You know what happened last time you mentioned weight Silktie!)

But yes, lots more Harry and Ruth doing normal, couple-y things.

30-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I wish they would be a normal couple, but I don't see that happening. In my terribly pessimistic way, I can't really see them staying together on the show, I think the writers would kill one of them off or do something to make it dramatic - I can't see them letting us have Harry and Ruth together without it all going horribly wrong. Not that they should do that, in fact, Kudos, if you are reading this (which is highly unlikely because this thread is 43 pages long,) let them stay together! You'll make a lot of Spooks fans very happy...

30-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Here's my suggestion to Kudos:

Harry and Ruth has always been very much the B Plot, with the younger, flashier cast members and their romance problems forming the A Plot. It's a good idea never to have your A Plot romances work out, but the B Plot can be the exception that proves the rule. You can have Harry and Ruth happy in a relationship without it having a major impact on the dark tone of the show, as all the doomed romances around them will look even darker in comparison.

What do you think about that there logic? Cool

30-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Very clever and also appropriate.