Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
01-01-2010, 11:51 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
I know! I thought it was pretty obvious from the end of S3 but it really starts becoming more obvious in Season 4.
To slightly mis-quote (intentionally) Zoe in S2, "For somebody who's job is all about observation, perception and intelligence... they've just failed on all three counts" Tongue

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Haha, Nice quote, yeah I would say there is a little flirtatious banter between them in series 3, but series 4 it just becomes glaringly obvious that something should happen. What makes me laugh is Adam, who is probably one of the most perceptive spooks, makes it plain to Ruth in 5.1 when Harry is put in detention that by solving the problem of the corrupt ministers they will find Harry, it seems to be as if he is acknowledging that she has a little something going on for him, but then is surprised in 5.3 when they are going for dinner!
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Good point Spook91 but I think that Adam may have just thought Ruth had a mild crush on Harry and cared about him more in a motherly way rather than being in love with him to start with e.g.sending him food parcels. I also think that he probably thought that Harry wouldnt do anything about it anyway with Harry being a workaholic with a string of failed relationships behind him. I think therefore that when he found out about the date that his surprise was more to do with the fact that they were finally acting on their feelings after all this time especially since neither of them had had a partner for years. I think most people would have a little laugh if they found out their boss was going on a date even if they were really happy for them.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
02-01-2010, 02:42 AM
I think Jo was clearly onto them early. Interesting that it was the woman, and neither of the men, who picked up on it!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
02-01-2010, 02:50 AM
I can see where you are coming from Tea Lady, food parcels are a particularly motherly thing to send to someone! Yes, Jo seemed to be pretty aware about it, got to love Jo, her expression in that scene in 5.5 where the three of them are in the corridor together cracks me up.
02-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Yeah, she kept looking at them, waiting for one or the other to say something. All the UST in the air finally got the better of Jo and she had to say something to break it up. Sooooo funny!

harry
"What is the truth?"
02-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Yeah, love that bit. It was strange at first I thought there was something wrong with the clip, it had frozen or something because neither of them seem to move even subtley until Jo breaks in.
02-01-2010, 03:08 AM
Outstanding acting by NW and PF -- holding that intensity for so long it seemed like they would never let go. And the look on Harry's face when it was over was priceless -- like he was recovering from being momentarily drugged and had no idea what had happened.

harry
"What is the truth?"
02-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Yes, they are both brilliant. That whole episode was great though the intensity between the two actors was fab. After the circumstances which led to Ruth leaving when she arrived back in series 8, even without the particular storyline with George's death and the awkwardness because of that, there would still have been a lot of ground to cover with the two of them as because of the way they behaved in 5.5, basically sacrificing themselves for the other it was obvious to the other memebers of the grid that they were in love, they had basically admitted it to each other too on the dock.
02-01-2010, 03:48 AM
Yes, I said somewhere earlier in some thread that Harry and Ruth will do for each other what each won't do for him/herself. I think that's a measure of their love -- they will protect each other at all costs without allowing themselves a second thought for their own well being. Such a strange psychology -- self-sacrifice for the well being of the other; unfortunately, as they're both intent on doing it, they wind up at an impasse. One of them will have to blink soon!

harry
"What is the truth?"