Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
03-01-2010, 03:23 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
Yes, series 2 is far more subtle, but I agree, there was a little flicker there, hard to see but definately there. Series 3 however the build up begins and by 4 its obvious even to those who aren't looking for it. I saw a clip before of 3.8 where Ruth, Danny and I can't remember the other spook, are listening to Riff's music and Harry walks over to speak to them, her cheeky smile at him is classic!
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2010, 04:19 AM
Kirayuki included that in her last video and I laughed so hard!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
03-01-2010, 12:58 PM
(03-01-2010 02:18 AM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Yes, they did but it was veeery subtle -- just quick glances and even quicker half-smiles, fleeting feelings really rather than anything overt, or even covert at that point. It was all implied, not really played.

Edit: This refers back to Beatriz's post about PF and NW talking about the H/R relationship in s2 (a page back). Everyone jumped on this so quickly that there were 10 posts in place before I got this in!

Thanks lwhite53 Wink I undertand it now, HR it's very subtle in series 2, and was really surprised when they talked about their relationship

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Oddly, the best TV romances seem to be the ones that weren't really planned, but where the two actors unexpectedly had great chemistry together. Sometimes the producers of a show refuses to capitalise on this as it wasn't in their initial story planning, but luckily for us Kudos did realise after a while that you simply cannot let such great natural chemistry go to waste.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
03-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Thank goodness HR was a fact! What Spooks would be like without this relationship?

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
I completely agree Big Grin It obviously would be barely worth watching (although, I have to admit, when I started watching it with series 7, and when I then continued onto series 1, there was no HR, and I still loved it. That's not really helping my argument is it? Tongue)

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
03-01-2010, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2010 09:07 PM by Beatriz.)
I know what you mean, Spooks is very good without Ruth (I can't believe I'm writing this Tongue) But it improves a lot with her aboard. She gives another point of view to the team, and obviously, her relationship with Harry is my favourite part of the show. Every episode I look forward to their moments together Big Grin They both could shoot a spin-off Tongue

Pactum serva
04-01-2010, 02:19 AM
I was watching an episode earlier on today from series 3, I can't remember which one but it involved Ruth trying to get a date with a man she had heard whilst tracking conversations, I just didn't quite understand what Harry was up to with Sam because Sam seemed to be encouraging, anyone able to shed some light as to what was actually going on? Spooks can be the cause of a lot of confusion at times haha.
04-01-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't know what Sam was meant to be doing, I have ignored that episode and only ever seen it once (due massively to the amount of cringing I do whilst watching it)

I agree Beatriz on both points - Spooks is better with Ruth, but still great without, and also HR SPINOFF! That is a brilliant idea! Tongue Vueltasss

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
04-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd settle for a H/R special, but there you go. Tongue

I think Sam was being a friend but Harry was using that to understand what was going on. Ie. Sam was being a friend and acting as Harry's mole at the same time.
(It's rather interesting if you read the personnel files (and Harry's diary from around that time). The personnel files tell you what was going on and what happened afterwards. Makes it more enjoyable for me. Big Grin)

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user