Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
I think Harry was using Sam to find out what Ruth was up to and then allowed her to play along to help Ruth get this "fixation" out of her system. There is a reference to Harry's policy of letting his officers work through their issues in season one with Danny and the false credit rating.
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Yes, I think Harry was using Sam to find out what was going on, and especially whether Ruth's actions posed a security risk. He was willing to let her go on with it as long as she wasn't taking stuff home, which is against the rules, and which she was actually doing. But I wonder if he also had a personal agenda, perhaps - trying to find out if she was serious about this guy. There was maybe an element of jealousy in his actions.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
04-01-2010, 05:02 PM
There always seems to be an element of jealousy in his actions when Ruth and another man are involved! Tongue

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
04-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Although I'm sure that at that stage he was telling himself he was just being protective of his prized analyst...

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
04-01-2010, 05:06 PM
I can imagine him thinking that, and maybe thinking that Ruth having a boyfriend who wasn't in the service could be a possible issue... nothing to do what so ever with the fact he fancied her. Nothing at all...

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
04-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Silba Of course he was worried about losing his analyst, and having to look for another one...

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
04-01-2010, 07:53 PM
There's also the little issue of unauthorized use of information gained during a wiretap -- would have been hell to pay if that had gotten out!

One of the things that bothered me about that situation was the quick cut to Harry at the end telling Ruth what she did on her time was her business, as long as it didn't interfere with work. I always thought we needed at least a couple of lines of dialogue to establish Harry telling Ruth he knew what she was up to. Too tight an edit, imo -- kinda' comes out of nowhere.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
05-01-2010, 07:26 PM
(04-01-2010 04:50 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Yes, I think Harry was using Sam to find out what was going on, and especially whether Ruth's actions posed a security risk. He was willing to let her go on with it as long as she wasn't taking stuff home, which is against the rules, and which she was actually doing.

Yeah, so against the rules that he does it all the time. LOL.Silba

harry
"What is the truth?"
05-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Yes that's right. As well as the obvious episode of Harry having his safe broken into, he also took work home in 7.7 when he took that dossier home. I think he let Ruth get away with it in part because he felt sorry for her because she was lonely like he was. She wasnt really doing any real harm. The ending though was a little confused as Ruth didnt seem at all surprised that Harry knew what she had been up to.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
05-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, there was definitley something missing in the ep (it is explained in the diary, though).

harry
"What is the truth?"