Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
28-01-2010, 09:53 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
(28-01-2010 09:22 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  As for Kudos developing their relationship, I think it may have been JHyde that said, NW must have come back for a good reason, and that for an actor must have been the promise of a good storyline. There would seem little point to having all these little moments in series 8 if all we were going to get is more little moments in series 9. There has to be some progression or people will just get bored of the same old thing (well I wouldnt, but some would if you know what I mean.)

That was me actually, but I didn't see that prediction having been proved correct, or certainly not in series 8 anyway. That's why I believe we won't get anything definitive until the last ep of the show -- that storyline would seriously go against the show's whole ethos.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
28-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Sorry lwhite53, I will amend my post.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
28-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Not necessary -- that post was probably 30 pages ago!

harry
"What is the truth?"
29-01-2010, 12:26 PM
(28-01-2010 09:53 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  That was me actually, but I didn't see that prediction having been proved correct, or certainly not in series 8 anyway. That's why I believe we won't get anything definitive until the last ep of the show -- that storyline would seriously go against the show's whole ethos.

I completely agree with you. Nobody in Spooks has a happy personal life, that what makes good TV drama. But it would be nice if H/R relationship move along a little, either closer or further apart, because during season 8 it seemed quite stagnant.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
29-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Even if it's only implied that something is happening between them - maybe we could see it through one of the other's eyes? - then I'd be ecstatic! Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I want to see the scene of what happens to actually get them together. After that, I could probably manage to deal with just the hints!

harry
"What is the truth?"
29-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I just rewatched the 'bread roll' scene Big Grin AWWWW!!!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2010, 07:06 PM
(29-01-2010 06:41 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I want to see the scene of what happens to actually get them together. After that, I could probably manage to deal with just the hints!

Me too! If I don't at least get a kiss and a few hugs on-screen I'm going to be really upset. Maybe the HS and Ros' deaths (if they did die in the explosion) could be the catalyst for progress. Harry is bound to be really upset, and Ruth can offer him a shoulder to cry on, leading to other things. Not that I would want to wish Ros dead, but if it is in a good cause...

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
06-02-2010, 10:43 PM
That's really naughty. Wanting Ros dead so Harry and Ruth get together, then again she would be serving her country in death as well as life. Harry needs to be happy to be able to do his job correctly that's a given.Smile I think whatever happens to the HS and Ros Harry is in for a rocky road at the start of the next series either professionally or emotionally or both and yes he will need someone to give him comfort. I agree that this is the most likely route to be used by the writers rather than to bring in some complicated storyline. Has Ruth totally forgiven him though and is the closeness she displayed in episodes 8.6 - 8.8. just her being friendly or was it her being unable to keep that lid on the box she has had to keep shut for 3 years? She's hardly the cheery Ruth we used to know.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
07-02-2010, 12:26 AM
I agree Tea Lady, I do think that Harry might well be a bit of a mess particularly if Ros dies; after everything they went through together with Juliet and Yalta, I think that he would need Ruth. I do think that they wouldn't try to make a big deal out of it after all series 5 was a long time ago and Spooks has gained a lot of viewers since.

Perhaps the closeness she was showing towards him was her realising that life really is too short; especially since what happened to George.