Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
09-11-2009, 04:38 PM
RE: Harry and Ruth
To be fair, I think Ruth will feel an obligation to
Spoiler: show
honour the memory of her dead almost-husband with a suitable mourning period,
which will prevent her from starting things up again with Harry anytime soon. So I agree with JHyde that something will have to happen to push them towards each other. I'm hoping for something in that vein towards the end of the current season.

For me the big attraction of Harry/Peter is his voice, such a lovely, soothing timbre he has going there. The eyes come a close second, though!

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I agree - it will be something major to push them from friendship to anything more. (Have we managed to get any of the boys to return yet? lol)

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
09-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Some boys may like Peter too??

I wonder whether Harry is heading for a breakdown Section D style and Ruth will help him out of it. She cant remain in mourning for ever which is about 2 episodes in Spooks world. Also she needs to get out of that coat she is wearing. Perhaps Jo will lend her some clothes. Also where is she living? Surely Harry has a spare room or two in his London pad?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Oooh, that's an idea.

How come Ruth always seems to wear a brown coat? I'm sure that she did in S5 too... I think she'll be in a MI5 safe house, or maybe she's bought her own house. I don't know. But her staying with Harry is highly unlikely.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
09-11-2009, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 05:42 PM by JHyde.)
I've been thinking about this a lot, on the subject of Ruth's housing and finances. I suspect it may be similar to what may have been done for Ros, something consigned under a safe house. Some things, like her car, won't be retrievable, but hopefully they'll set her up. I can't see Harry leaving them out in the cold.

It's right and appropriate that she mourns George.
It also depends on how long Season 8 spans, although it doesn't seem to be moving at quite the same frenetic pace as season 7.

And yes, Silktie, he has a lovely voice. The best actors have good voices used well and beautiful eyes.
09-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Keeping off the subject of how lovely you all think Harry/Peter Firth is...

Series 8 does definitely seem to have a calmer pace. Then again we are only 2 episodes in (and some people only 1) so maybe it'll all kick off in episode 3.

09-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Ruth cant have any money as you may have difficulties in opening a bank account or buying a house if you are dead. I suspect that Harry has given her some money to get by. Ruth only really has Harry and Jo now. She needs them both perhaps more than she knows. I think Ruth lost her brown coat in 5.5 unless Ros still has it in the back of her wardrobe somewhere.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
09-11-2009, 05:41 PM
What I meant by pace, was that, for example, the last three episodes take place over a bare four days. Followed by episode 1 which was, by the ep's end, just a few days after that. Some series definitely span a longer time than others.
09-11-2009, 05:50 PM
It depends on the individual episodes and the overall theme. The theme in Series 8 is
at least in part the relationship between Harry and Ruth, to do with their sacrifices and their relationship. Some parts of it will take place over a small period of time (the movement from not talking to talking,) and some over a longer time (friendship to anything more than that,) unless there's a catalyst as we previously mentioned

09-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Which I'm tipping for episode 7, maybe early episode 8 before a big cliffhanger.

I'm seriously considering starting a spooks tipping comp.