Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
28-11-2009, 06:09 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
(28-11-2009 06:02 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  OK Silktie, I wasnt sure about the
Spoiler: show
earrings but there does appear to be something behind her right ear. Also her hair is straight. Ok, getting hopes up. I also read that article but I wasnt sure whether the article had reported what PF had said correctly, in that he was referring to how they had originally played out their relationship against what the script writers had planned. Ok, getting hopes up again.

If
there is something behind her ear and it's not an earring, then it has to be comms. Maybe she meeting a contact re Basel or maybe she's in Basel. If in Basel, Harry will have to come rescue her, at some point!
YAY!Big Grin

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2009, 06:11 PM
(28-11-2009 06:09 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  
earrings but there does appear to be something behind her right ear. Also her hair is straight. Ok, getting hopes up. I also read that article but I wasnt sure whether the article had reported what PF had said correctly, in that he was referring to how they had originally played out their relationship against what the script writers had planned. Ok, getting hopes up again.

I just dont see the POINT (getting angry) in bringing Ruth back if R/H relationship is going to be ignored by the writers and we have to wait another year, if at all, to see them get together, possibly, maybe....HUFF !!

But would you really want it to be rushed? I kinda like the storyline stagnating occasionally.

"Rushed"...its been 6 years Iwhite53 !!

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
28-11-2009, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2009 06:15 PM by lwhite53.)
I didn't write that -- Nitrus did!! Please, you're gonna' have almh all over me, now!

harry
"What is the truth?"
28-11-2009, 06:19 PM
(28-11-2009 06:12 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I didn't write that -- Nitrus did!!

Sorry Iwhite53, page flipped over.Smile

Regarding that article Silktie was it the TV Quick one with PF, 31st Oct-6Nov? If so the words used here were confusing I thought. It says
"The interesting thing about H/R relationship is that it was never on the page, we made it up NW and I with little looks, and the writers picked up on it" (this is all in the past tense.) It then goes on to say "so now the writers are ignoring it but we're not - you cant stop a forest fire!" (this is present tense but the sentence as a whole does not make sense as why would the writers now ignore it?) Again perhaps I am clutching at straws.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
28-11-2009, 06:20 PM
(28-11-2009 06:09 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  

If
there is something behind her ear and it's not an earring, then it has to be comms. Maybe she meeting a contact re Basel or maybe she's in Basel. If in Basel, Harry will have to come rescue her, at some point!
YAY!Big Grin

No, there's nothing
behind her ear, it's part of the wall behind her you can see through her hair.

I agree it will be pointless to bring Ruth back and not do anything with her and Harry, but as much as I hate to admit it, I think it will reflect poorly on Ruth if she jumped into Harry's arms while the body of her almost husband is barely stiff. I am really hoping though, that we get some indication by the end of series 8 that she is willing to move on and that she will do so with Harry. The poor man deserves a break.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
28-11-2009, 06:24 PM
(28-11-2009 06:19 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  

Regarding that article Silktie was it the TV Quick one with PF, 31st Oct-6Nov? If so the words used here were confusing I thought. It says
"The interesting thing about H/R relationship is that it was never on the page, we made it up NW and I with little looks, and the writers picked up on it" (this is all in the past tense.) It then goes on to say "so now the writers are ignoring it but we're not - you cant stop a forest fire!" (this is present tense but the sentence as a whole does not make sense as why would the writers now ignore it?) Again perhaps I am clutching at straws.

And they're actually
*not* ignoring it, it seems very much in play in the writing thus far this season just not in all eps.

harry
"What is the truth?"
28-11-2009, 06:31 PM
(28-11-2009 06:24 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  
(28-11-2009 06:19 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  

And they're actually
*not* ignoring it, it seems very much in play in the writing thus far this season just not in all eps.

Yes that's the one. I hope you are all right about him talking about previous series. I tend to take the pessimistic view in TV viewing, I've had so many favourite series and relationships seriously buggered up by the writers that I tend to expect the worst. Confused Maybe for once I will be pleasantly surprised!

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
28-11-2009, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2009 07:15 PM by Beatriz.)
(28-11-2009 06:09 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  
(28-11-2009 06:02 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I just dont see the POINT (getting angry) in bringing Ruth back if R/H relationship is going to be ignored by the writers and we have to wait another year, if at all, to see them get together, possibly, maybe....HUFF !!

But would you really want it to be rushed? I kinda like the storyline stagnating occasionally.

I agree with Nitrus in this one, I would like that things between them were slow, it wouldn't make sense the other way round, they always make slow moves...

This doesn't mean I don't want to see more HR this season!!!

Silktie Wrote:I agree it will be pointless to bring Ruth back and not do anything with her and Harry, but as much as I hate to admit it, I think it will reflect poorly on Ruth if she jumped into Harry's arms while the body of her almost husband is barely stiff. I am really hoping though, that we get some indication by the end of series 8 that she is willing to move on and that she will do so with Harry. The poor man deserves a break.

AGREED! Big Grin

*EDIT*
I've just rewatched the opening titles, I can't tell if she's on the grid or elsewhere... The only thing I can tell is that she looks upset (watery eyes?)
Screen capture of her
[Image: Ruthseries8opening.jpg]

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
28-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Ok -- just took a quick shower and thought through some of the latest theories on the H/R relationship (I do my best thinking in the shower).Tongue

I think we may be coming at this from the wrong direction.
The question shouldn't be "Why did they bring Ruth back if not to further the H/R relationship" but instead "Why did Nicola Walker agree to come back at all"? Given what I've read, she's not hurting for work. In fact, she appears to have enough for two people. And since the Ruth character had been logically wrapped up, what would have prompted the actress to return? Knowing actors as I do, that could only have been the promise of a cracking good new storyline for Ruth! And I'm not talking about a couple of feature scenes in the beginning eps and then into oblivion in the back room with the Smart Boy or multitudes of soul-rending stares at Harry across the grid. I'm talking meaty, juicy, character development and a new story arc. Also, since no one would have known when they began shooting series 8 whether or not a series 9 would actually happen, whatever it was that brought NW back has to happen by the end of this season. And logically it has to include Harry.
Big Grin

harry
"What is the truth?"
28-11-2009, 07:44 PM
(28-11-2009 06:12 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I didn't write that -- Nitrus did!! Please, you're gonna' have almh all over me, now!

You are lucky you escaped that lwhite53 - as Nitrus shall know my wrath when it comes to Harry/Ruth knows no bounds Wink

But seriously, I would hope for a glimpse of something. I like the little gestures, and if they could lead up to bigger things, I'd be even happier.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.