Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
28-11-2009, 07:46 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
(28-11-2009 07:44 PM)almh Wrote:  
(28-11-2009 06:12 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I didn't write that -- Nitrus did!! Please, you're gonna' have almh all over me, now!

You are lucky you escaped that lwhite53 - as Nitrus shall know my wrath when it comes to Harry/Ruth knows no bounds Wink

Desperately trying to keep my rep out of the red.Rolleyes

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2009, 07:48 PM
(28-11-2009 07:46 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  
(28-11-2009 07:44 PM)almh Wrote:  
(28-11-2009 06:12 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I didn't write that -- Nitrus did!! Please, you're gonna' have almh all over me, now!

You are lucky you escaped that lwhite53 - as Nitrus shall know my wrath when it comes to Harry/Ruth knows no bounds Wink

Desperately trying to keep my rep out of the red.Rolleyes

I haven't tried that yet - that's a good idea lwhite53!!! (Oh dear, look what you've done now Tongue)

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
29-11-2009, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2009 11:24 AM by JHyde.)
Wow! This thread really heated up while I was away for 2 days!

lwhite53, that's a reasonable point about why NW came back. I suspect it was more than simply good timing and liking the cast, crew and Kudos, because she'd been offered her spot back before and turned it down.

I agree with Silktie (and I am a broken record!) on the fact that it should be slow. Her husband is barely dead. Read back five or six pages for previous discussion on this point. But I'll repeat my wish for wanting them to get together while they still have teeth and hair.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
29-11-2009, 12:43 PM
I see what you are saying about NW coming back but can you really see Harry letting Ruth or wanting Ruth to be a field officer? Surely though that is the only way for her character to develop? Harry would be in bits if she was out there. He has kittens now when Ros is in the field and her comms go down !

Great story lines are one thing but so is a regular salary when you have a baby.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
29-11-2009, 01:31 PM
I think NW came back because she was offered a great storyline (hope HR), but I don't think she will become a field officer, she's not that kind of character to be one. She's good at anylizing data, I can't imagine her pointing a gun to a baddie, perhaps little work in the field like 4.1, when she questions professor Curtis.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
29-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I suspect it was a mixture of pragmatism, timing and possible storylines. Of course, the reason we're so worked up about this is because we just want them together!

I do think we're trending off topic here though, so rein in the discussion about why she came back. At least post with other comments about their relationship or lack thereof. (sigh)

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
29-11-2009, 04:58 PM
(29-11-2009 12:43 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I see what you are saying about NW coming back but can you really see Harry letting Ruth or wanting Ruth to be a field officer? Surely though that is the only way for her character to develop? Harry would be in bits if she was out there. He has kittens now when Ros is in the field and her comms go down !

No, Ruth would never be a field agent. The only logical story line for Ruth has to do with Harry. That's what started this series and in some way or other that's what will end this series. What I haven't figured out yet is whether she stays with him . . . or walks away from him.Undecided

harry
"What is the truth?"
29-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Not walk awaaay!! It will be gradually but together!!

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
29-11-2009, 07:29 PM
(29-11-2009 06:08 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Not walk awaaay!! It will be gradually but together!!

I wouldn't like that either, but it certainly is one of the possibilities and more in line with spooks than a happy ending. God, how depressing!Thud

harry
"What is the truth?"
29-11-2009, 07:31 PM
:screams:

lwhite53!!! Didn't you learn from before not to even mention that Ruth and Harry might not stay together around me, lol.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.