Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
02-12-2009, 08:12 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
JHyde, you're tempting me to read the summary! Don't do that!!! (I have an allergic reaction to spoilers now, if I read them I go really hyper, and get annoyed and irritated Tongue)

Back to HR now people... BTW, does anyone know why we tend to say HR rather than anything else? For example, Jack/Ianto in Torchwood is Janto, they have Gwack (Gwen and Jack,) as well, but over at Spooks we just use HR? Simplicity? (Should I put this on a new thread?)

Anyway, REALLY back to HR, I'm rewatching 8.5 tonight, but I'm still disappointed about the lack of HR.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Me too, finger's crossed we get a lot more H & R in ep 6
03-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Apparently,
Spoiler: show
according to people who recently met NW, Kudos realised they had very few HR scenes in S8 and called her and PF back to film some extra ones right before the series started showing. Methinks the bench scene in 8.4 might have been one of those. So at least we might get a few scenes still, but in my opinion it doesn't bode well for any development in the relationship in this season.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
03-12-2009, 07:27 AM
After re-reading the Daily Record article "Behind the Scenes", I'm tempted to agree with you. But hopefully that means we'll get another series.

The best we can hope for I think in the remainder of the series is lots of nice looks, and as
Harry and Ruth are meant to be working together a bit more in episode 6, we might get a bit more of that this week.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM
After reading Ian Wylie's blog about 8.6, I am more hopeful that we might see some HR progress this season. Here's an extract:
Ruth (Nicola Walker) makes another shocking discovery. Is it going to be one a week from now on? Will there be a prize?

Also asking: “Harry, do you want to get a drink?”

While Sir Harry of Thames Houseshire has a number of contenders for “Best Harry Quote Of The Week”.

Can't wait!

What I really miss from the HR interaction, is the teasing exchanges we used to get before Ruth left, where one or the other would say something that left the other one lost for words, wondering whether there could be more behind the words than was said. Even if we don't get movement on the relationship front, I would like to see them get back to being comfortable enough with each other to resume their understated flirting.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Awwwwww me too! I miss that eye/contact sex they used to have!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I think that is a good point. Neither of them are comfortable with each other yet. Ruth knocks on Harry's office door now and asks if she can come in. She never did that before.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
03-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Definitely - hopefully all this tension between them will go soon! Did Harry once make a comment about Ruth knocking, or was that just in a piece of fanfiction I read (Sorry, sometimes can't tell the difference Blush)

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
03-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I think it was episode 3.10 when Harry said "there must be something wrong" and she said something like "how did you know" and he said "because you knocked." I stand to be corrected though.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
03-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I think it was that, thanks Tea Lady.