Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
05-12-2009, 05:30 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
They definitely are equals now and are treating each other as equals. At least after episode 6 we're finally at a similar point to where they left off.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2009, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2009 02:26 AM by lwhite53.)
(05-12-2009 05:30 PM)almh Wrote:  They definitely are equals now and are treating each other as equals. At least after episode 6 we're finally at a similar point to where they left off.

I actually think they're further progressed than that (God, what a terrible sentence). When she left in 5.5, Ruth did not have a lot of self-confidence -- she wanted to have something with Harry but didn't quite know how (or was afraid to try) to make that happen.

Ruth's whole personna in S8 exudes a quiet confidence and self-assuredness (no doubt gained during her couple of years away) and the belief that her work matters in a very elemental and profound way (as opposed to her sometimes bumbling naivete earlier). She's making *choices* now, not floating along letting things happen to her. She's taken control of her life and it's a joy to see the new Ruth interacting with Harry.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
06-12-2009, 08:28 PM
WHEY HEY Big Grin !! Nice one Ruth. I think she must have said at least 5 times during episode 8.6 "...and there's something else..." Yes Ruth there most certainly was, a little drinky winky. Pitty it had to be at the end of the episode though. I have only watched the episode once (so far) but I think Harry had his head facing away from Ruth when she asked him out. I would love to have seen his facial expression. Was it a big grin? Did he close his eyes and say a little thank you prayer? Bet it was priceless and so cute. Ruth has become a confident lady.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
06-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes, it was driving me nuts!!! Bet the writers were teasing us Tongue

She definitely has got more confident Big Grin I so wish we had seen his face clearer, I think it's more likely to have been the second option from his facial reaction afterwards, or perhaps it was a Huh one, and then the second one Big Grin

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
06-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I think part of it is the very harsh lesson of how brutally short life can be.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
07-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Just watched the "drink" scene again and did anyone else think that Ruth didnt seem too happy to be asking Harry out? She was frowning terribly and even when he said yes there was no flicker of a smile from her. I just wonder whether
Spoiler: show
she was having to ask him out to tell him something he wouldnt want to hear. Also the final bit of next week's clip at the end of episode 6, Harry was giving that "wounded" look
....one to ponder

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
07-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Nooo! Don't say that!!!

But seriously, I don't think that the writers can give us that more bad news in the HR relationship...

07-12-2009, 05:48 PM
(07-12-2009 03:07 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Just watched the "drink" scene again and did anyone else think that Ruth didnt seem too happy to be asking Harry out? She was frowning terribly and even when he said yes there was no flicker of a smile from her. I just wonder whether
she was having to ask him out to tell him something he wouldnt want to hear. Also the final bit of next week's clip at the end of episode 6, Harry was giving that "wounded" look
....one to ponder

She did seem to be having a difficuult time but I wrote that off to nerves (hers).

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
07-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I will have to watch it again, I am sure I saw her smile as Harry stood up to go with her
08-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I thought she was really nervous about asking him out. You can see her swallow after saying his name really nervously. She then gave him a really tender look as he walked towards her, so I didn't get the impression that she was asking him out only to finally dump him for good. Hopefully Harry's wounded look has to do with
this bit I read in a review - that Ruth apparently has a hard time coping with civilians in danger or being killed, and Harry almost saying something tender to her because of it. Thus the look because he can't hug her or make her feel better while they're at work and surrounded by people.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]