Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
13-12-2009, 07:38 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
It was more the "we were well matched." But I really don't think so, in retrospect. It would have been too dangerous if he was recruiting her, and Harry's state of mind in the late 80s (which we know from the diary!) would have meant he shied away from endangering someone for such an important mission.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
13-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I love the way Harry leaned on the desk, which is a really familiar thing to do for him. He rarely gets that comfortable with people. Which is even more significant when you realise that he was doing something difficult.

13-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I agree, it is really significant moment.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
13-12-2009, 09:48 PM
(13-12-2009 09:43 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I love the way Harry leaned on the desk, which is a really familiar thing to do for him. He rarely gets that comfortable with people. Which is even more significant when you realise that he was doing something difficult.

Do you mean "leaned on the desk" in 8.7?

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
13-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah, sorry. I'm sick....that's my excuse. Second time I've done something like that on the forum today.

13-12-2009, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2009 10:32 PM by lwhite53.)
I watched those two scenes a couple of times (Ros/Ruth having words about using Ashok and then Harry/Ruth) and I think there was, at some point, more action than what we actually see. Harry's sudden appearance when Ros leaves is like out of left field (I could understand almh's comment in the ep discussion about Harry "looming" over R's desk). The cut between the two scenes is very awkward, almost like they knew they couldn't cut the H/R lines. Don't get me wrong, any H/R stuff is good, but this seems to have been inserted off the cuff.

(Feel better JHyde.)

harry
"What is the truth?"
13-12-2009, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2009 10:35 PM by JHyde.)
I think it was another of the afterthought scenes, maybe one of those they tacked in. The editing this season hasn't been so hot.

13-12-2009, 10:38 PM
(13-12-2009 10:34 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I think it was another of the afterthought scenes, maybe one of those they tacked in. The editing this season hasn't been so hot.

I think you may be right about it being an H/R afterthought scene. And it's generally very difficult to get those kinds of scenes to mesh properly because they aren't, for all intents and purposes, really integral to the story of the ep. They're, for want of a better term, feel good scenes.

harry
"What is the truth?"
14-12-2009, 09:24 AM
It may have also been a feel good scene but I loved the scene when Lucas, Ros and Ruth were all in Harry's office. Lucas and Ros leave and Ruth pauses. The look she gives Harry is so deep. I dont think I have seen Ruth look at Harry in that way before. Old Ruth had problems maintaining eye contact with him. Now she cant help looking at him and wants him to know she is.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
14-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Ooooh good point.

I miss Harry teasing Ruth. Once all this sexual tension is resolved and they get together, I want to see that banter back. I miss it.