Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth
14-12-2009, 02:40 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth
(14-12-2009 09:24 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  It may have also been a feel good scene but I loved the scene when Lucas, Ros and Ruth were all in Harry's office. Lucas and Ros leave and Ruth pauses. The look she gives Harry is so deep. I dont think I have seen Ruth look at Harry in that way before. Old Ruth had problems maintaining eye contact with him. Now she cant help looking at him and wants him to know she is.

Yes, you're absolutely bang on (I learn such great expressions here!) both about R's past inability to maintain eye contact and now her inability not to look at H. In the tennis game metaphor we've been using for these two, the ball is back in Harry's court again as it has been for the last couple of eps.Wink

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I cant see it being resolved. I am sure that even if Ruth walked into Harry's office half naked, holding a rose between her teeth, Harry would still sit there pouting, looking down at his shoes !!

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
14-12-2009, 02:43 PM
(14-12-2009 02:40 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I cant see it being resolved. I am sure that even if Ruth walked into Harry's office half naked, holding a rose between her teeth, Harry would still sit there pouting, looking down at his shoes !!

LMAO!!!!!Thud I just laughed out loud in the middle of my office!!

harry
"What is the truth?"
14-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Poor guy.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
14-12-2009, 03:34 PM
(14-12-2009 02:40 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I cant see it being resolved. I am sure that even if Ruth walked into Harry's office half naked, holding a rose between her teeth, Harry would still sit there pouting, looking down at his shoes !!

Big Grin
I would pay good money to see that!
I dunno though, remember we've only seen them on the Grid. This last episode it seemed to me that Harry was having to work very hard not to do or say something tender to Ruth. Methinks, had they been away from work, he would have touched her or said something more than he actually did. I don't think Harry is the type to openly display affection in a work environment - he limits himself to longing glances and oblique comments.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
14-12-2009, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2009 03:39 PM by JHyde.)
I agree with that - he likes professionalism around the office. But he is a fan of interoffice relationships (at least at MI5) so provided they can get it together, he won't mind. We know that anyway from 5.3. And who would begrudge Harry a bit of happiness? They'd both surely be happier to work with. (Season 8's been so sad too.)

Of course, we have to GET them together for that to happen.

Can you see the look on NW's face if they asked her to play that? Of course, PF could always give her tips on appearing naked on screen Smile

14-12-2009, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2009 03:42 PM by Tea Lady.)
(13-12-2009 07:17 PM)almh Wrote:  Good point. We do of course know that he hasn't really had a relationship since his wife and brief affair with Juliet from, my favourite book, which I shall continue to plug relentlessly, HARRY'S DIARY!!! lol. And of course, buy it from Spooks Forum Amazon if you have not already got it Big Grin

Almh's got to me and I have just ordered my copy of Harry's Diary. Need to work out how to hide it from my husband now. I obviously have not read the diary yet but would it be fair to say that Harry has NEVER had a loving, honest relationship? The sort he would have with Ruth. He certainly wasnt honest with his wife and could not have really loved her if he had a long standing affair. Juliet was just lust I assume. Ruth is something he has never experienced and maybe the reason why he is looking so scared. He doesnt know what to do. He doesnt know how to be himself with her. The real Harry. Just some thoughts.
(14-12-2009 03:38 PM)JHyde Wrote:  PF could always give her tips on appearing naked on screen Smile

LOL Angel

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
14-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Definitely agree on that one, although I think he really did love his wife and had moments of honesty with her. I do think he's a very different person on a personal level though from what he was like in his early twenties when he got married.

Come join us on the Diary thread when you're finished Smile Maybe you can put a dustcover of something around it as long as it's something he'll never pick up in a million years.....

14-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I agree, he has definitely matured a lot. On Juliet, it started out as lust but he admits to falling for her a bit in the diary. I do think that he felt very guilty about the affair, and that this informed his future romantic relationships. The fact that he hasn't had a serious relationship since the divorce is telling in that he seems to have decided not to pursue women he wasn't really in love with.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
14-12-2009, 04:03 PM
(14-12-2009 03:38 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Of course, we have to GET them together for that to happen.

"Aye, there's the rub!"

harry
"What is the truth?"