Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The West Wing
24-02-2010, 05:07 AM
RE: The West Wing
I don't have any commentaries at all for WW except for seasons 6 and 7. The ones I have are pretty good.

I must admit that, for the most part, the ones they did for Sports Night are about the same. There is some stuff worth listening to, but you have to wade through some other rubbish to get to it. No worse than Matthew Graham's commentaries for Spooks or LOM though.

Any episodes jumping out at you that you'd forgotten about?

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Another possible link between WW/Spooks is in that episode when Leo has to go to the hearing re Bartlet's MS issue, and Bartlet calls him beforehand and tells him in a joke that he should lie to protect him (Bartlet). Leo then panics and reminds Bartlet that they weren't talking on a secure line, and says: "And I'm gonnay say to the seventeen global intelligence agencies listening in right now that he was kidding just then." Hee! What do you want to bet that one of the seventeen was MI5?

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
24-02-2010, 07:47 AM
That always cracks me up. I love that episode and it was one of the ones Spencer put up that won him his Emmy.

Season 3 is so much better than it gets credit for. I still think it was the most consistent of all the seasons Sorkin wrote. It's the hardest for me to pick a favourite episode - when I made a list for my facebook wall a few years back I think I eventually went with Dead Irish Writers, which I still love.

24-02-2010, 07:59 AM
I can't remember all the episodes well enough to choose a favourite. We should definitely do that rewatch thing at some stage. I sometimes wonder how fictional characters from different shows would get on, if they were to meet or work together. I think Harry would have liked Leo especially, and would probably even have had some grudging respect for Bartlet.

Oh, and I was really happy that Spencer eventually won an Emmy. I always thought his work on the West Wing was really underrated.

24-02-2010, 08:31 AM
I must admit to wondering what crossover fan fic between the two would look like.....but that's crazy talk!! I'm having enough trouble getting through my current chapter!

24-02-2010, 11:26 AM
(24-02-2010 08:31 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I must admit to wondering what crossover fan fic between the two would look like.....but that's crazy talk!! I'm having enough trouble getting through my current chapter!

OMG, CJ would have Harry for breakfast ! Toby & Ruth together would be great to watch.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
24-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Actually, I think CJ would find Harry attractive... Remember how they all swooned over Lord Malbury because of the accent? And Harry has the knighthood to boot. She would tower over Harry, however! Toby and Ruth would be priceless - between them they probably have all knowledge in the world worth knowing.

24-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Ruth and Toby are two of my favourite characters ever.

24-02-2010, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2010 08:11 PM by lwhite53.)
(24-02-2010 05:07 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Any episodes jumping out at you that you'd forgotten about?

The Josh ptsd ep, with Yo Yo Ma on cello -- loved it. And I agree, Silktie, all the knowledge in the history of the world is contained between Ruth and Toby.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
24-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Noel is one of the episodes long time fans talk about a lot, but I must admit I'm not crazy about it. It's good, but I don't think it's as good as some of the Westies would have you believe.