Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Met anyone famous?
29-01-2010, 09:44 AM
RE: Met anyone famous?
(28-01-2010 11:40 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I must admit, I did get a little swoony after meeting Hugh Jackman. He is every bit as lovely as people in the industry would have you believe. And just as handsome.
OMG!!! OMG!!! Lucky you!!! wow! If I ever met him (it's not going to happen), I think I wouldn't be able to say a word at him. Given that he's so gorgeous and that I would have to say it in English... Blush (ok! enough!)

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2010, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2010 11:33 AM by JHyde.)
He would probably find a way to make *you* feel really nice and comfortable about it. He honestly is just as nice as he seems, and I constantly tell people that.

Beatriz, that was the only reason I owned up to him, because I knew you would really enjoy that! I looked after him three nights in a row for a charity function so he actually had to remember my name and stuff, and some of it was very high pressure. If he'd been a mongrel, I would have found out about it pretty quickly.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
29-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks for telling, I'm still in shock Wink

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
29-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Oh, also, my cousin used to be in the same drama group as Lucy Griffiths (aka Marian in RH) before she left.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2010, 12:00 AM
I met part of Sex & the City crew: first in NYC, Fifth avenue, filming season 5 I think, then SJP on avenue Montaigne in Paris shooting the last season. I'm too proud/shy to ask for autographs. I remember girls asking Mr. Big to take pictures cheek to cheek with him and just thought I could never do it! I met Diane Baker last Sept in LA at the Egyptian theatre. She played in Marnie (Hitchcock) and Strait jackets (with Joan Crawford - hilarious). She is very sweet.
When studying in London (gosh, in the 90'!s), I crossed paths with... both Arnold Schwarzeneger and Stallone (not the same night though) who are both very small (that's the one thing I remember) and Jean-Paul Gaultier (on King's Road and then at Mika's concert in June 2008, standing next to me, yes sir!). As for connections, a friend of mine does KScott Thomas' hair and I met GClooney's acupuncter in LA at a pool party (that's LA). Then, there are a lot of French actors I bump into in Paris whose names I won't bore you with Wink Oh, and I once had dinner next to a Strokes musician (the tall with the long hair one). Very pretentious and loud. That was at the brasserie Lipp. Then all the concerts but that doesn't count (Pete Doherty standing behind me at a concert last year etc etc.)
30-01-2010, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2010 06:53 AM by bertowud.)
(28-01-2010 10:57 PM)kirmostar Wrote:  ......more recently met Jack Penate and my all time Number 1 idol Henry Rollins!!!!!!!! (google him - I even have the tattoo)
I'm a big fan of Henry Rollins tv and movie work. He was the best part of Johnny Mnemonic.

(28-01-2010 11:40 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I must admit, I did get a little swoony after meeting Hugh Jackman. He is every bit as lovely as people in the industry would have you believe. And just as handsome. And Deborah Lee Furness, his incredibly talented wife, is also terrific. So she deserves him.

Wow! Just wow!
John Travolta lives 5 minutes from my house. He was in Wal-Mart the same time as me once, but I didn't see or meet him. That's about the closest I can think of.

Well, actually, I've met Rosario Dawson (she's definitely hot and very nice), Kenny Baker (the guy in the R2D2 robot in the movies), Virginia Hey, Gil Girard, the eternally beautiful Erin Grey, the actress who plays Elvira, Anthony Daniels (the guy in the C-3PO robot suit in the movies), Kevin Smith, Lou Ferrigno, the guy who played Jaws in the James Bond films, Sam Jones (Flash Gordon in the 1980 film), Warren Ellis (writer not the musician), Neil Gaiman (author), Dirk Benedict, Harlan Ellison (author), David Carradine, Richard Hatch, Peter David (author), and a bunch more at various comic book and sci fi conventions. Some I only got to briefly meet and others I actually got to visit.

I almost literally ran into Nathan Fillion, but didn't actually meet him. I was about 100 ft from Adam Savage.

Also, met Christiane Yamanpour at high school. She knew one of my teachers who invited her to speak at our school. She stopped by our class afterwards.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2010, 12:02 PM
That's lots of famous people, bertowud!!

(30-01-2010 06:31 AM)bertowud Wrote:  
(28-01-2010 11:40 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I must admit, I did get a little swoony after meeting Hugh Jackman. He is every bit as lovely as people in the industry would have you believe. And just as handsome. And Deborah Lee Furness, his incredibly talented wife, is also terrific. So she deserves him.

Wow! Just wow!
I'm not the only one stunned by this then Rolleyes

Pactum serva
30-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I met James Doohan (Scotty in Star Trek), who was absolutely wonderful, I got a big cuddle and a photogragh ! Also met George Takei (Sulu in Star Trek) who was great fun to met.

(okay, I was a trekkie in a previous life Blush )

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
30-01-2010, 06:32 PM
It's OK, now you're a Spookie Smile

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
30-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Definitely an improvement !

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright