Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Year's Eve - what's it like for you?
31-12-2010, 03:25 PM
RE: New Year's Eve - what's it like for you?
Ours are quiet. We don't brave the roads. My husband calls it "Amateur Night." We let the kids stay up until they (we) can't take it anymore and crack a bottle of champagne at midnight. After the hub-bub of the holiday season its nice to do it quietly.

I have "done" loud and exciting New Years Eves. I did Times Square NYC in 1990-91 because, well, I felt I had to do it once when you live here. It was just before the Persian Gulf War air-strikes began and there were a lot of servicemen on their way over-seas who told us what was coming. Sure enough, a few weeks later....

And then we went to Amsterdam in 1998-99 of which I remember very little. Just joking. Wink I remember it all, esp. the fireworks. Soooooo many fireworks! I love fireworks and would have set off a few of my own but even I thought it was completely crazy! We high-tailed it back to our B&B past the bon-fires and (stupidly) kept our window open until a bottle rocket nearly entered through it.

That was the only time I have been in Europe for NYE. Do all the cities do fireworks like that on NYE?

Happy New Year to those on the other side of the International Date Line!

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Year's Eve - what's it like for you? - A Cousin - 31-12-2010 03:25 PM