Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 5.6 discussion [re-watch]
04-02-2011, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2011 02:42 AM by A Cousin.)
RE: Episode 6 discussion [re-watch]
Neither the computer thing or the Ruth thing bothers me.

I bought the computer thing because the precedent was set for me with the monitoring of Ruth in S2 by Colin as requested by Tom. Wasn't Sam monitored in that way at some point? I could be wrong about that. At work, our IT guy used to use VNC to do remote maintenance. I bought that anyone with the nefarious know-how and desire could do it without being detected.

As for the fall out for Harry over the Ruth Evershed Incident, I thought they gave it just enough mention. It is reflected in how hard Harry was with Sally when he demands intel from her a mere 7 minutes after requesting it and again when Neil lies to Sally about secretly being on the grid investigating the RE Incident too. That was plenty for me. It put a finer point on Harry's (and the programme's) ability and necessity to move on to the next emergency. They don't get time to grieve.

This is my 1000 post. I thought it appropriate to post in a re-watch thread because these re-watches are what prompted me to de-lurk in the first place!

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 5.6 discussion [re-watch] - JHyde - 30-01-2011, 09:28 AM
RE: Episode 6 discussion [re-watch] - A Cousin - 04-02-2011 02:42 AM