Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Look at all the cake and presents...
21-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Harry Look at all the cake and presents...
When I was sitting at the desk of my 2009 summer job I found myself thinking about Spooks, the eighth series was going to be airing in a couple of months and while I was a member of communities for many of my interests, I had not come across such a one for Spooks fans which I felt I could become a part of. It was at that moment that I set about launching Spooks Forum, a community that I could nurture and grow into a haven for fans of my favourite show on television.

Now that show is drawing to a close it feels appropriate to look back fondly on the time we've had with the show and indeed the many hours each of us has spent on Spooks Forum.

There's been laughter, excitement, anticipation, secrecy, curiosity, disagreement, controversy, drama and even tears. But in amongst all that has been the people, it's the people that make Spooks Forum what it is. I don't think you could put together a more diverse set of people if you tried, if we all met up somewhere you would never have guessed that there was something we all had in common, something we all treasured. There's something very beautiful about the ability to connect with people through one common interest and grow to love more than that about them.

Some of the relationships established here will last a lifetime and that is something that I can be incredibly proud of, and so can you. I want to thank each and every one of you for what you have contributed to this community and I hope the community has repaid you.

It is clear to me that after Spooks has ended this place will never be the same again. However, you may rest assured that it will still be here years from now, standing as a monument to a brilliant show and a incredible community of people. If there's one thing I can say for sure, it is that even though Spooks is over, we have an enormous amount of re-watching to do together and I can't wait to read what generations of new fans have to say about old episodes.

I could get emotional and even shed a tear over the times we've had together in front of our TV screens and I could write pages about what this place means to me. But for now, let's leave it as something wonderful, something that was never said.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Look at all the cake and presents... - Nitrus - 21-10-2011 09:34 AM