Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch]
23-05-2010, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2010 09:15 AM by JHyde.)
Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch]
Adam and Danny wrangle a bad guy and Ruth coaches Harry.

What did you all think?

Owen Teale who plays Morgan is so good in this episode. He's done a lot of really good shows over the years, most notably as Jimmy Nesbitt's handler in Season 3 of Murphy's Law and as one of the main men in the cannibalistic tribe in the 'Countrycide' episode of Torchwood.

Were Adam and Harry right to bring the child into the equation? In this case, I happen to agree with what they did, abhorrent as it was. In all truth, had he still refused, it would have been his actions directly leading to her death and that needed to be brought home to Morgan. I think this is what Ruth was telling herself when she handed over the information to Harry. That or she was just blocking it out altogether, but Ruth isn't the sort to do that, I think.

And a big episode for Harry and Ruth. I love how Harry still has mixed feelings about not getting the job and his Muttley laugh at the end, one of the few times we get to see Harry laugh on the show. It's also a good opportunity for us to hear where Harry's moral line is drawn in the sand, when you see him in his interview.

I think on another season 3 thread there was a consensus that only Danny comes out of this episode looking 'good'. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but certainly this episode is pretty ugly in many ways.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 23-05-2010 09:11 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - Aria - 23-05-2010, 10:23 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 23-05-2010, 10:41 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-05-2010, 06:24 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-05-2010, 03:39 PM