Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Identity Thread *spoilers*
06-07-2010, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2010 08:13 PM by Nia M.)
zzQuestion The Identity Thread *spoilers*
As suggested by JHyde, 'Identity' now has its own thread Big Grin

Quote:IDENTITY, a new six part ITV drama series starring Aidan Gillen and Keeley Hawes, follows an elite police unit formed to combat the explosion of identity-related crime.

Ed Whitmore’s newly created IDENTITY is here to tackle the darker side of reinvention: murderers who literally take other people’s lives, criminals who create new personas to escape evil pasts, impostors who look, talk and sound just like us but would kill you in a heartbeat.

The unit, lead by DSI Martha Lawson, (Keeley Hawes - Ashes to Ashes, Mutual Friends), works any case where making an identification is a significant part of solving the crime by outsmarting, hunting down and unmasking the modern day Jekyll and Hydes.
~ From the Identity Production Notes

Other cast include Aiden Gillen as DI John Bloom, Holly Aird as Tessa Stein (IT expert), Shaun Parkes as DS Anthony Wareing, and Elyes Gabel as DC José Rodriguez.

First episode of six aired yesterday at 9pm on ITV1.

So, post away!!

(P.S. I thought the little question mark post icon was appropriate, given the nature of the show... Tongue)

Resposted from the 'Spooks Actors - New Projects' thread:

Running commentary throughout the airing:

Noticed that the way the voiceover announced ‘ITV1 HD’ made it rhyme with ‘Identity’ Tongue

Interesting title sequence – bit flashy, but rather dull music. Certainly if I hadn’t seen the adverts for it, the titles might have put me off.

Was rather odd to hear Keeley Hawes without quite her standard accent, although she did lapse back into it a fair bit which was even more distracting that the slightly rougher edge to it she put on Undecided First time I noticed she slipped back to normal was just after the 1st ad break, when she was reeling off a long speech, which, fair enough, is quite difficult to do if you’re doing an accent, but someone ought to have picked up on that and mentioned it. If she’s going to do an accent, it should at least be consistent.

Filming wise, I loved the big wide shots of London – Trafalgar Square etc. – and even the wide shot of the street where the guy shot himself. Also particularly liked the shot with the reflection of the revolving Scotland Yard sign in the window.

“Hang on a minute. Let me show off, please.”
^^ Loved it Tongue

Reason I dislike watching programmes on ITV? The ad breaks Sad Rather distracting, even if it did give me time to be getting on with my French homework

Oh dear, I can’t seem to be getting Spooks out of mind. Not only do I keep wanting to call Martha Zoe, when she answered the phone and said ‘Tessa’, well... Let’s just say I could have sworn I was watching Spooks!

‘The Identity Unit’. Original name. Would have been nice to have a slightly more flashy / inventive name. Or even something that could be prettily abbreviated like ‘UCOS’...

Ooh, Bloom’s good at the mind games! Slightly disconcerting that John (at the moment anyway) appears to be a better police officer than Martha does, considering she’s two ranks above him...

“Okay, next time I’m taking the train.”
I know it’s drama, but even so, the idea that you can find out so much from just knowing Frequent Flyer details is rather alarming Undecided Bit of an eye-opener this series looks like it could shape up to be.

“You don’t have to know someone to kill them.”
Again, harsh, but disturbingly true.

“Knowledge is power, and he knows everything.”
I really so seem to pick out the morose lines, don’t I? Still, some good writing in here.

Anyone else notice the rather Spooks-esque electronic sound (rather like the one that happens when they move to a different location and the name of said location comes up in that scattered caption-y thing) when the scene shifted?

Kind of scary how easily it could be just to kill someone in a hospital...

“Get your coat.”
(*whispers* “You’ve pulled.” *slaps hand* Must not think Ashes to Ashes!!! Tongue)

The sound in the ‘Identity’ frame (the red one where it just says ‘Identity’, before the car advert at the beginning and end of each ad break) reminded me of the Torchwood title sequence too.

I did like the running chase scene, it has to be said. We’ve certainly be missing out on these a little in Spooks lately, so it was quite nice to have one again Smile That said, I really wanted Martha to come up behind Simon/Pete and show DI Bloom how to make an arrest properly.

Fairly good cliffhanger at the end there, but not brilliant. Still, I quite want to know what Bloom was doing there (to say he was turned during his 15 year undercover stints seems a bit predictable, and if I’m honest, would be a bit tame).

Another familiar face at the end there in Adile. I thought I recognised her (loved the green dress by the way), so I looked her up, and lo and behold! Agni Scott, aka Ana Bakhsi!

Overall, I admit I was a tad disappointed. Not enough Keeley for what the trailers showed, and her character didn’t get enough screen-time especially considering she’s supposed to be heading this Identity Unit – it was very much focused on DI John Bloom. Hopefully in later episodes she’ll get a bit more time to shine.

I will be watching next week, if only to see if it improves, but although it potentially could be very good, I think it’s been bigged up a bit too much for its boots.

Also, can anyone tell me if the guy who appeared to have committed suicide after shooting the police officer in the leg (who was said officer anyway?) actually died, or was he Curtis who we saw again later???

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 06-07-2010 05:23 PM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 12-07-2010, 10:01 PM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 12-07-2010, 11:09 PM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 12-07-2010, 11:26 PM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 10-08-2010, 10:52 AM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 10-08-2010, 06:24 PM