Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
National Television Awards 2011 (NTA)
26-01-2011, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2011 10:15 PM by Byatil.)
RE: National Television Awards 2011 (NTA)
(26-01-2011 09:53 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  I noticed Spooks probably attracts a more mature audience, I feel like one of the youngest to watch it, everyone else I know my age doesn't, its a real shame, the fan base could grow if more people watched good TV Sad

Maybe it's because you need to watch, listen to every line and actually think to watch shows like Spooks... and the majority of audience who vote want brain candy?

Aha, don't worry, I'm in the same position! I have one friend who watches Spooks (although I think she does so mainly for the RA eye-candy) and another friend who watches some good drama (eg. Accused, Life on Mars etc... sadly not Spooks) but that's about it. That's why I joined this forum actually; I was desperate to discuss Spooks with someone, but no-one I know really watches the show Sad

Yeah, that's what I'd assume. People want something quick and shocking to keep them entertained, preferably something they don't have to think about too much after a long day at work Wink It kind of annoys me that Spooks seems to be trying to be more "exciting" recently, at the expense of the wit and intelligence which it usually carries.
Here's the full list of 2011's Winners, if anyone was interested:

Serial Drama: EastEnders
Drama: Waterloo Road
Newcomer: Ricky Norwood
Comedy Programme: Benidorm
Entertainment Presenter: Ant and Dec
Factual Programme: Top Gear
Entertainment Programme: I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Talent Show: X Factor
Serial Drama Performance: Lacey Turner
Drama Performance: David Jason
Digital Choice: The Inbetweeners
Topical Magazine Programme: This Morning

Gnothi Seauton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Television Awards 2011 (NTA) - Byatil - 26-01-2011 10:08 PM