Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any other Vegetarians out there?
22-12-2009, 11:40 PM
RE: Any other Vegetarians out there?
(22-12-2009 03:34 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Personally I feel that many vegetarians are hypocrites, they'll be all high and mighty about how they don't eat meat or fish, because it's cruel to the animals, but won't think twice about munching on some Haribo or having some gravy. It's that mentality that I hate, if you're going to be a vegatarian/vegan and preach to others, don't be a hypocrite.

That's why I can't stand most ethical activists, trying to fight the "system", when in reality they all have bank accounts and claim benefits.

/rant Smile

I never have anything with gelatine or egg in it, and am careful about that. I never preach to others and just started this to see if there are other folks out there who also are interested in this. I am open that I am not on this road for animal rights or welfare, but my own self interest. I feel it's a healthier diet for me, physically and mentally, but if you or anyone else would like to have 6 BigMacs a day, then that's fine by me. Big Grin I do however know a small group of vegans in my area who I find are very intense and get on my nerves....

JHyde Wrote:It is hard when you're on a strict family or student budget. It depends where you live. It is easier in a good climate here to get good cheap fruits and vegies and that helps a lot. But you do need to be organised.
I live in the UK which I find is pretty good for this. I started being a veggie to save money when on a student grant. Me and 2 friends lived on a vsmall amount of money a week just buying veggies; we did spend the rest on drink tho; so not too healthy!!! I am v unorganised, but I have about 5 staple recipes that I rotate, and build others in when I remember to a)soak those damn beans/lentils b)buy tofu and marinate it !!

" Harry is a pugilist for the State, but he's a lover, not a fighter " - Peter Firth

[Image: hr6.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any other Vegetarians out there? - Moonlight - 22-12-2009 11:40 PM