Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any other Vegetarians out there?
27-12-2009, 11:45 AM
RE: Any other Vegetarians out there?
Hope everyone had good Xmas's! I spent a lot of mine in the kitchen, did a courgette and hazelnut loaf, together with roast pumpkin, butternet squash, parsnips, carrots, swede and potatoes and brussels sprouts.. yummy! And lasted for 2 days.

I know what you mean, JHyde, I used to be worried about that as well, but then I thought, well people wouldnt object if it was a health issue, would they? and I think as others have said, if you are just natural about it, and maybe also offer to bring something for yourself (safest option in my experience!!) people are just fine about it.

Am impressed by all you folks doing this for animal welfare issues. I suppose for me it's been more of a personal lifestyle choice; I was already partially vegetarian (I still ate eggs) but then I started doing meditation about 12 yrs ago and they suggested that it was easier to meditate if you maintained a totally vegetarian diet, plus which I don't have onions or garlic; which is often harder to avoid when buying stuff than the meat is!

" Harry is a pugilist for the State, but he's a lover, not a fighter " - Peter Firth

[Image: hr6.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any other Vegetarians out there? - Moonlight - 27-12-2009 11:45 AM