Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any other Vegetarians out there?
27-12-2009, 02:25 PM
RE: Any other Vegetarians out there?
I was a member of BUAV in my late teens. I remember when a Body Shop opened where I lived - the day of those huge bottles that you could get refilled. It was a bit too expensive for my student budget but I bought all my bubble bath etc from there. I still buy a fair amount but of course most companies are a little more enlightened now so it's easy to get products which haven't been tested on animals. As for medicine; the fact is that by law new drugs have to be tested on animals. I've supported the Doctor Hadwen Trust in the past. The hardest thing for me is doing charity things and sponsoring people. One of my friends died from a Stroke this year so I did a cycle ride for the Stroke Association. They claim not to test on animals. As a migraine sufferer I have a higher chance of having a stroke myself so I was happy to ask people to sponsor me. Subsequently 2 of my friends did a Race for Life (Cancer Research UK) and the London to Brighton bike ride (British Heart Foundation). CR and BHF both test on animals and I really struggled with my conscience when I sponsored my friends because they both had reasons for doing a run/ride for those charities. Other than the bath melts and the bathbombs I don't like much of Lush's stuff...I remember the days when they were Cosmetics to Go and they only had the shop in Poole.

Charity list

Personally for me not eating meat goes hand in hand with believing that testing on animals is wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any other Vegetarians out there? - whufan - 27-12-2009 02:25 PM