Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch]
18-04-2010, 03:21 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch]
I love this episode as it addresses an interesting subject and at the same time shows us a lot about Harry. I thought they did well in handling a very divisive subject quite even-handedly, and without picking sides.

It also shows another side of Adam, namely that he is not afraid to stand up to Harry when he thinks Harry is wrong. It takes a brave man to tell Harry that maybe he doesn't really know his daughter. Also liked the fact that Adam stands up for Ruth when Harry yells at her.

I loved the scenes between Harry and Danny. Poor Danny gets dealt a losing hand right from the start and gets caught between Harry and Catherine as they play out their version of unhappy families. It does make for some very funny scenes, especially the one where Harry tells Danny to talk to Catherine and wear a wire, and the one where Danny is gushing about Catherine's abilities - the look he gets from Harry is priceless as Harry realises Danny has a bit of a crush on his daughter.

So according to Harry, Catherine is "moody, argumentative and hates to be told she's wrong." Gee, I wonder who she takes after, hey Harry?

This is the first episode where we see Harry totally flustered and losing the plot. Even when his career was on the line in 2.7 he still put the operation first, but here, as soon as Catherine becomes involved he no longer makes decisions based on the needs of the operation, but is only focussing on keeping his daughter safe. So the man is human, after all!

Also enjoyed Ruth's empathy towards Harry, which comes through in the looks she gives him when he loses the plot, and also in the way she understands why he is yelling at her in the "something else" scene. She is so relieved when it turns out Catherine is not the agent as well, which was a nice touch.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 17-04-2010, 12:37 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - Aria - 17-04-2010, 08:05 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - Silktie - 18-04-2010 03:21 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 18-04-2010, 09:09 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - Aria - 19-04-2010, 07:05 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 22-04-2010, 02:15 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 22-04-2010, 09:01 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-04-2010, 03:57 AM