Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
28-04-2010, 06:07 AM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
I am inclined to agree with you about Malcolm, but I think he would have had the courtesy to warn Ruth.
I think that Harry's motives for keeping an eye on Ruth are the same as any man's who discovers that perhaps he may have feelings for somebody, at this stage I think that Harry is just keeping himself "in the loop" with what is going on in Ruth's life in the only way he knows how.
I think that perhaps you are all being a bit harsh on Sam, this is perhaps due to something that may have been lost in the editing suite, as I agree that continuity is lost between her reporting to Harry, and her encouragement of Ruth, I am sure that in the original filming there was probably a scene that explained Sam's motives / behaviour, but was cut out due to it being considered, by the powers that be , not important in respect of the overall picture. This is often mentioned on the commentaries, that they find that a lot of scenes are cut to get the central story in the one hour slot.
Besides she may not be bright, but I do like Sam, and don't think that she is any way malicious.

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - JHyde - 24-04-2010, 10:20 AM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - Aria - 25-04-2010, 09:50 PM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - CONDOR - 28-04-2010 06:07 AM