Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Identity Thread *spoilers*
12-07-2010, 10:01 PM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers*
My thoughts on episode 2 (unfortunately I missed the first twenty minutes):

Overall, I think it picked up a fair bit compared to last time - certainly more interesting to watch for me anyway.

Still some music [b]very[b] reminiscent of Spooks (approx. 20 minutes in)

May have to rethink my opinions on Joanne Froggatt. Haven't really liked the previous roles she's played, but I thought she did a fair job in this one. Very adaptable to accents (more so that Keeley and her wafting between her normal and slightly less refines accent Undecided) - good range she showed here in this episode.

"Do you ever wanna be someone else."
I have no idea who Samatha Shipley is, but when Martha said she's want to be her for her legs (in part at least), I quite literally slapped my forehead. As if she (KH / Martha) didn't have amazing enough legs already!!

"wounds of an abusive childhoos festering in her head"
Is is just me, or does this sound like the kind of thing a Gene-influence Alex would have said??

Couldn't help but think 'Ana Bakhsi' throughout her scenes - but am still not entirely sure who she's supposed to be playing... Undecided

Loved the sly/surreptitious look Martha gave John in the car Tongue

Honestly, don't you think you might notice someone staring through your window so obviously?

"Tessa."
Need I say more?

Christ, don't aggravate an angry, unstable woman! Gail (I think that's her name - my memory once again fails me) should really see that that's not the best thing to be doing!

Finally Martha gets a chase-scene. (Okay, it wasn't much of a chase scene, but it was certainly an improvement on last ep when she was left flailing in a bookshelf while Bloom did all the work. She still didn't get enough action for my liking though - she's supposed to be the boss! Set and example, be the best, all that jazz...)

Who picked up the knife?

"Because he's my dad."
Pretty pertinent episode if you put yourself in her place. I did, and I immediately started thinking what I would do if that were my dad. Quite honestly, I'd probably forgive him to, purely because he was my dad. Once I considered that, I found it a lot easier to understand Jane Calshaw, and it was quite hard-hitting really Undecided

"Who am I? What defines me? What can I hold on to?"
Rather liked this line. Certainly applicable to other shows of the similar kind (Ashes, Spooks etc.) in that it questions the nature of people working undercover, and how they cope - really interesting concept here. Could have been handled better though.

If Bloom gets away with having stabbed the man, I will be rather disappointed. Not because I don't like him or anything (although I've not exactly warmed to him yet), but because no-one gets away with stabbing someone nowadays in that kind of situation, not even if it's self-defence or the ends supposedly justify the means.

Still, in my opinion a step up from the last episode, so I'll give it a go again next Monday Smile

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 12-07-2010 10:01 PM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 12-07-2010, 11:09 PM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 12-07-2010, 11:26 PM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 10-08-2010, 10:52 AM
RE: The Identity Thread *spoilers* - Nia M - 10-08-2010, 06:24 PM