Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Robin Hood (other interests)
25-08-2009, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2009 10:22 AM by Juliet Delta.)
Robin Hood (other interests)
Nitrus has kindly given the ok for me to post here....as currently I'm rather enjoying Guy (Richard) in this, until spooks series 8 begins...

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2009, 06:47 PM
RE: Robin Hood (other interests)
I'm a huge fan of Robin Hood too!!!!

So i was sooooooo excited about seeing Richard Armitage in Spooks. Was brilliant as a baddie and is brilliant as a goodie.

Arkardy Katchimov: You look after Lucas now he's home. He's weak, he's tired... and tell him, eat broccoli.
Harry Pearce: I think he's suffered enough, don't you?
Find all posts by this user
24-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I had a couple of seasons out of the library and couldn't last 20 minutes. I didn't care for the sad attempts at humour. However, as always I became desperate for something to watch so got it back out again. If you can make it through the first and second episodes, it's worth it. Also, I read a synopsis and found that Guy had a great story. I was already an RA fan from N&S so that helped the tedious wait to get into the series. His best scene was
Spoiler: show
the almost wedding scene where he met the carriage and got a lecture about wedding etiquette from Marion. He has certainly mastered the lost little boy persona.

Love your signature Rudegirl1111.

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
24-11-2009, 08:05 PM
That is a good scene.

My fave Guy scene is in Season 1 when Robin returns and he goes to the Sherrif and the sherrif slags him about having 24 men and letting 2 men show him up. His face is brilliant!!

Arkardy Katchimov: You look after Lucas now he's home. He's weak, he's tired... and tell him, eat broccoli.
25-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes! I am a big RA fan!
I loved him in Robin Hood, Spooks, North and South, Vicar of Dibley - he's an amazing actor.
its the tiniest details that he includes in his persona which are just unique to him.

Did anyone see the Children In Need Robin Hood episode?
Guy was HILARIOUS! xD
12-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I loved him in Sparkhouse, he was just so believable. Loved North and South, Vicar of Dibley - really really like the leather look in Robin Hood, my favourite scene is when the Sheriff smacks him on the bum with an arrow - can't remember what episode tho and I've been searching for it, or did I dream it...........

[Image: kirmosig.png]
13-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Think you dreamed that as i have seen every episode and not once has that happened.

13-12-2009, 02:26 PM
What about the scene when they trade Gisborne for Djaq and the Sheriff pours acid all over poor Gisborne's arm to obliterate the tattoo! And when Gisborne was in the armour and Robin was going to drown him. Too many great scenes for me to mention all my favourites. Rudegirl1111 I will try and find that scene, Gisborne is standing at the entrance to the room and the Sheriff makes an entrance and he is carrying something, maybe an arrow, behind his back and you just hear a thwack and Gisborne jumps a bit. It's in Season 1 or 2 cos he doesn't have the silly Season 3 hair which I didn't care for at all.

[Image: kirmosig.png]
13-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Kevin Costner is my favourite Robin Hood so I never really got into the BBC TV version. However, I very much appreciate RA's Guy of Gisborne...so if anyone wants to compile a DVD of Guy only scenes....Wink Big Grin
13-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I really can't think what episode it is. But if Lucas wore eye make up like Guy id love him even more.