Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The New Prisoner Mini Series
18-11-2009, 09:06 PM
The New Prisoner Mini Series
The new Prisoner mini series is airing on AMC in the US right now. Anyone else watching it? What do you think?

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2009, 09:56 PM
RE: The New Prisoner Mini Series
I've watched the first ep, have 2 and 3 recorded but haven't gotten to them yet. So far, just ok -- not sure about Jim Caviezel (not seeing much in him yet) but love Ian McKellen. An evil blighter!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
18-11-2009, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2009 10:06 PM by Beatriz.)
I've read about it in a blog concerning series and I thought I'll see it as it has a good review (I haven't watched the former one) and it's Ian McEllen!!! So which day of the week is aired? So I can search it the next day Wink
And we can comment the episode afterwards Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
18-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Sunday nights in the States, I think it was taking Mad Men's slot. That's a prime position on that network, their big shows have that timeslot - Breaking Bad, Mad Men and now Prisoner.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
18-11-2009, 10:09 PM
(18-11-2009 10:01 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  I've read about it in a blog concerning series and I thought I'll see it as it has a good review (I haven't watched the former one) and it's Ian McEllen!!! So which day of the week is aired? So I can search it the next day Wink
And we can comment the episode afterwards Smile

In the US, it aired in three 2-hour eps, this past Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Don't know if there are any more eps planned -- from what I read, it was planned as a mini-series only.

harry
"What is the truth?"
18-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh! I thought it hasn't been aired yet!! So it's over?

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
18-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I've seen the first two. It's been on two hours a night all week so far. It's definitely a mini series. I can't remember how many two hour episodes in total.

For me it's been mediocre so far. Sometimes Jim Caviezel can be good and engaging. Others notsomuch. This series is definitely notsomuch.

Sir Ian McKellen with all of his charm isn't even doing much for his performance.

18-11-2009, 10:54 PM
(18-11-2009 10:12 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Oh! I thought it hasn't been aired yet!! So it's over?

Yes, you might be able to find it on a website -- due to new rules, can't say which one.Wink

Quote:Posted by bertowud - Today 05:39 PM
Sir Ian McKellen with all of his charm isn't even doing much for his performance.

I'd watch Ian McKellen read the phonebook and be quite happy about it!Big Grin

harry
"What is the truth?"
18-11-2009, 11:57 PM
(18-11-2009 10:54 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I'd watch Ian McKellen read the phonebook and be quite happy about it!Big Grin

I never thought I'd say this, but his performance was very flat. I did find the bit about Number 2's son fitting.

19-11-2009, 01:09 PM
(18-11-2009 10:54 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  
(18-11-2009 10:12 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Oh! I thought it hasn't been aired yet!! So it's over?

Yes, you might be able to find it on a website -- due to new rules, can't say which one.Wink

Thanks anyway, lwhite53, I've already got it now, I have my sources Wink

I'll probably start watching it next week as I should finish "State of Play" before Smile

Has anyone watched the 1967 version?

Pactum serva