Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Spoilers] Great TV Show Endings
20-11-2009, 12:05 AM
[Spoilers] Great TV Show Endings
Let's talk about our favorite endings to TV Series.

We've already discussed Seinfeld and The Shield elsewhere. What else do you have or is there something you'd like to add about the endings of these?

Consider this fair warning, there will most likely be lots of spoilers of other shows in this thread. I would still appreciate it if you use spoiler tags where appropriate. Not everyone has seen the ending of every show that will be discussed here.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2009, 12:11 AM
RE: [Spoilers] Great TV Show Endings
Hey, new thread Smile

Maybe any shows ending before 2007 are fair game? Or is that too late?

I personally loved The West Wing's wrap-up. I thought all the characters had really appropriate ends, and I was glad CJ and Danny got together. They are my equal first TV couple ever with Harry and Ruth. And John Spencer's death gave it real poignancy.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
20-11-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm good with 2007, but make a judgement call. There are some endings that should just never be ruined.

I really have to watch West Wing. There are plenty of people in the US who think Bartlett should have won the 2000 election.

20-11-2009, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2009 12:38 AM by JHyde.)
I often think about it when I'm watching Spooks. In a weird way, they're both an ode to public service. I love Aaron Sorkin, he's one of the writers who's influenced me the most. It was a terrific show - frankly I wasn't crazy about the first season, I really think it kicked into gear in season 2. It helps that I'm a political animal. It was more of a cult show here, it never had the popular appeal it has in the States.

Spooks is the same here, it's a real cult thing. I only have one close friend who loves it, and he's in the diplomatic corps.

I also loved the way Arrested Development ended (although how the hell it was cancelled so quickly without a full third season order!) because it left the way all open for the movie. When they finally get it out there.

20-11-2009, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2009 01:56 AM by lwhite53.)
(20-11-2009 12:15 AM)bertowud Wrote:  I really have to watch West Wing. There are plenty of people in the US who think Bartlett should have won the 2000 election.

Definitely, especially since the guy who supposedly won . . . well never mind, that's a dangerous topic.Wink

Ending of West Wing was indeed terrific. But my all time favorite, to date, was M*A*S*H*. That one episode had, up to that time, the largest viewer numbers in the history of US television. It was like the end of an era.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
20-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Proportionate to population, it still does. It was the first "adult" show I was really allowed to watch. It also has this great stat: somewhere in the world, at any point in time, M*A*S*H* is playing on a TV.

20-11-2009, 02:16 AM
(20-11-2009 02:03 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Proportionate to population, it still does. It was the first "adult" show I was really allowed to watch. It also has this great stat: somewhere in the world, at any point in time, M*A*S*H* is playing on a TV.

Residuals . . . cha-ching!Big Grin

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
20-11-2009, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2009 10:01 AM by bertowud.)
The last episode of MASH was good. It was the first new episode we had watched in a while. Then they tried to keep the flame going with that awful spinoff about all of them when they got back to the states. I can't even remember the name of it.
(20-11-2009 02:03 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Proportionate to population, it still does. It was the first "adult" show I was really allowed to watch. It also has this great stat: somewhere in the world, at any point in time, M*A*S*H* is playing on a TV.

Kinda like Law & Order. There was a period of time a couple of years ago, I could watch Law & Order for 22 out of the 24 hours in a day.

20-11-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm a newbie talking about series, my true passion about them started 2 years ago, when I began watching them at its pace (I mean watching them the next day they're aired in the US, UK), so I haven't watched many.

As I said in the tv series thread one of my favourite was Life on Mars, for me the perfect ending to this series, the music was great, the final sequence is just perfect! Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
20-11-2009, 01:44 PM
(20-11-2009 12:05 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  I'm a newbie talking about series, my true passion about them started 2 years ago, when I began watching them at its pace (I mean watching them the next day they're aired in the US, UK), so I haven't watched many.

As I said in the tv series thread one of my favourite was Life on Mars, for me the perfect ending to this series, the music was great, the final sequence is just perfect! Smile

Did you see the US version of Life On Mars? It was hard for me to watch, but I loved the way they ended that series. It's a completely different spin on the title.