Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello
15-04-2010, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2010 01:13 PM by CONDOR.)
Tom Hello
Hello CONDOR signing in,
Hi after ten minutes of writing I hit a button and lost my initial post somewhere in spook land so I apologize now if it should pop up somewhere that it shouldn't.
I am a relative newcomer to SPOOKS, having had series 1 bought for my birthday last month, (primarily due to the fact that I am a huge fan of Keeley Hawes). I must admit that I am now addicted, to the series, not just Keeley!
I thought that the climax to series 1 was fantastic and I take my hat off to the writers for the terrific ending which prompted me to rush out and buy series 2. The amazing thing is that series 2 has been just as good, which often isn't the case. I love the way that the program portrays the characters as "normal" people with both the emotional and physical frailties that us lesser mortals possess, and not as superhuman, impossibly multi skilled "Mission Impossible" style stereotypical covert agents that T.V. often tries to fob us off with.
I do hope Tess pops back up in later series' as I do like the "game play" that goes on between her and Harry.
Another strong point that I have noticed is how well they convey the paranoia that you must experience working in an environment of lies and deceit, and the way that even as a viewer you find yourself drawn in, questioning the integrity of the leading players, this is done so well by Harry, who, one minute comes across as a boss that you could confide in, then next would auction off his grandmother to make himself look good.
Well done I look eagerly forward to series 3 dropping onto my doormat.
CONDOR signing off.
( code name Condor was taken from that great Redford film 3 Days of the Condor, another great spy thriller full of treachery )

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2010, 01:19 PM
RE: Hello
Welcome Condor. I was wondering if it was 3 Days of the Condor or Condorman.

Glad to have you on board. I envy you getting to go through the series for the first time. It's a pleasant experience.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
15-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Hello Condor and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the later series of Spooks as you did the first 2 seasons.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
Find all posts by this user
15-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys, Bertowud I see that you are a fan of another hero of mine
15-04-2010, 01:56 PM
(15-04-2010 01:19 PM)bertowud Wrote:  Welcome Condor. I was wondering if it was 3 Days of the Condor or Condorman.

LOL. Condorman!! I went on a Girl Guide outing to see that at the cinema in about 1980 !! It was awful.

Welcome Condor. Come and join us on the rewatch thread when you catch up. We are on episode 3.4 this weekend.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
15-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the forum!! Big Grin
15-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Thank you for making me so welcome in "The Grid" I find it mildly amusing that Tea Lady is a Section Chief. No offence but it seems a bit of a paradox.
I too hated Condorman it was a waste of the admission fee to the cinema, to further compound the crime I was old enough to know better.
Three Days of the Condor was a really good film though despite being shortened from 6 days which was the title of the original book, great concept.
I do like the polish of Spooks so typically ENGLISH!
15-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi Condor and welcome.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
15-04-2010, 04:03 PM
(15-04-2010 03:42 PM)CONDOR Wrote:  Thank you for making me so welcome in "The Grid" I find it mildly amusing that Tea Lady is a Section Chief. No offence but it seems a bit of a paradox.

You obviously have not tasted my tea Condor......

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
15-04-2010, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2010 03:50 PM by CONDOR.)
Hello I White.
Tea Lady being now an official member of the Grid and therefore a fully paid up civil servant I will no doubt get plenty of opportunity to drink your tea...: )
It is funny I always watch Spooks and think that it is a high class British version of NCIS, if you compare the two you have a similar breakdown of team players

Hey how did that happen? I note that I have got promotion to Junior Officer, if only it were that easy in life! Thanks guys