Spooks Forum
DVD release - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: DVD release (/thread-1136.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: DVD release - BoHenley - 19-09-2010 10:17 AM

Technically, I don't think they were supposed to be dispatched until tomorrow. Depending how many orders, and to what countries, I guess it might take a few days to do them all. But it's a guess only. I have no idea how Amazon works. Perhaps check your account tomorrow.

RE: DVD release - yorkshiretyke - 19-09-2010 11:17 AM

I always use play, as the new releases (my boys get lots of games) tend to come a couple of days before the launch date and they therefore feel that they have got something before others....a bit like I did when the DVD arrived on Saturday!

RE: DVD release - AnnieJane - 19-09-2010 11:41 AM

(19-09-2010 10:17 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Technically, I don't think they were supposed to be dispatched until tomorrow. Depending how many orders, and to what countries, I guess it might take a few days to do them all. But it's a guess only. I have no idea how Amazon works. Perhaps check your account tomorrow.

If a DVD is released on a Monday, then Amazon will always dispatch it on the Saturday, that way the DVD arrives in the post on the day of it's release.

RE: DVD release - JHyde - 20-09-2010 07:57 AM

Provided you live in a 'normal' area Smile

RE: DVD release - Beatriz - 22-09-2010 04:44 PM

(18-09-2010 04:55 PM)Nia M Wrote:  From someone who has the DVD, the extras are as follows:

Spoiler: show
Episode commentary (with Alrick Riley and Chris Fry) for ep1 and ep8

Two features:
One on the throwing over the balcony by Nancy
One on filming the explosion of the house in 8.05 (with HN in on this feature)

Aw I'm very disappointed by this. I was also expecting some NW and PF audio commentary Sad Sad I can't understand it, they had a fantastic oportunity to make great extras.

RE: DVD release - Aria - 22-09-2010 04:58 PM

What was Helen James Productions doing on set all that time if all we get are these naff extras??

RE: DVD release - Tea Lady - 22-09-2010 06:15 PM

(22-09-2010 04:58 PM)Aria Wrote:  What was Helen James Productions doing on set all that time if all we get are these naff extras??

Was Helen James Productions involved in Series 8 then? Does it say on the DVD box? I don't have mine yet. If not, perhaps they are just doing Series 9.

RE: DVD release - JHyde - 23-09-2010 07:55 AM

At least there's commentary on two of the three best episodes of the season.

To be honest, with the filming period as short as it is these days, it's no wonder the actors aren't involved in the commentaries. Their priority has to be getting the next season done and they only get one day off a week as it is, so we're told. I'm disappointed but not surprised.

RE: DVD release - Nia M - 24-09-2010 02:47 PM

I thought Helen James Productions was doing the extras for S9? If so, then let's hope we'll see a better haul on the S9 DVDs that S8 Undecided

RE: DVD release - almh - 29-11-2010 08:50 PM

I'm considering getting series 8 for Christmas, but from reading this thread it looks like there really isn't much extra on there. Is this a fair assessment? (Sorry if this is the wrong thread...)