Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. (/thread-1214.html)

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Kazters - 13-11-2010 10:33 AM

i throught when he made harry turn that he was either going to shoot harry in the back of the head (as he had told ruth her would to her) or shoot himself in the head. i didnt expect the jump.

its like ros's ending you are left sort of hoping they arent dead. but there is no way back for him. even if he hadnt died, he sold it to the chiniese (BTW I love how up in arms they are about this series) and look at the trouble harry is in because of it. Lucas would be in jail or worse!

i have to say he was a charactor i never really warmed to, i mean i liked him but i didnt get the big deal, i always found him to alone if that makes sense. this all makes sense because of him being in jail for 8 years but also now because he had stolen an identity.

i agree was john not reported missing? surley lucas norths family would have missed him

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - HellsBells - 13-11-2010 06:54 PM

(12-11-2010 07:26 PM)WhiteSwan Wrote:  For myself I've decided to simply ignore that whole JB story. It's just too silly and implausible to believe and I've found it surprisingly easy to forget all about it. In my mind Lucas only had a bad dream or was drugged by someone, and when he wakes up everything is back to normal. I wish I could make a video about that!
Anyway, it means I don't have to worry about all the plotholes and I don't have to worry about maybe not being able to love him the way I used to - it's a wonderful and very liberating feeling!

That is the way I'll re watch this series as well. That way I think this series will prove to be exceptional.

(13-11-2010 09:58 AM)BravoNine Wrote:  I guess now he won't get a funeral either....wasn't that what Harry said before? That if Lucas lied to him, he won't get so much as a funeral? Looks like those words are more prophetic than expected...

But I still love my Lucas, no matter what.

He'll get a funeral, I just wonder what they put on the headstone...John Bateman or Lucas North?

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BoHenley - 14-11-2010 03:43 AM

Assuming he IS dead, of course. If he jumped - yes he is. If he didn't...and something else made them scream in the street AND Harry is covering for him...(it's plausible, however unlikely). Golden Rule: We haven't seen a BODY. It'd make a bloody good twist.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BravoNine - 14-11-2010 04:23 PM

*sighs*

So much for Ros's words to Lucas, "Harry sweated blood to get you back here, he'd rather die than let anything ever happen to you."

I guess that's just rather meaningless now since Harry didn't do much to stop Lucas from dying.... Dodgy

Poor Lucas, he never got those much deserved cookies for running around London with a gunshot wound while trying to protect Ros and Connie, trying to find a bomb, and trying to fend off a Russian kill-squad.......not fair.....

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - HellsBells - 14-11-2010 06:57 PM

(14-11-2010 04:23 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  *sighs*

So much for Ros's words to Lucas, "Harry sweated blood to get you back here, he'd rather die than let anything ever happen to you."

I don't think the writers cared less about anything that was said or happened in series 7 and 8, and that was the problem with the whole storyline. Do you think they even watched the previous series?

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Aria - 14-11-2010 07:09 PM

(14-11-2010 06:57 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I don't think the writers cared less about anything that was said or happened in series 7 and 8, and that was the problem with the whole storyline. Do you think they even watched the previous series?

I got that impression too, HellsBells. I think the writers just ignored seasons 7 and 8 and just came up with the unbelievable John storyline because it seemed "dramatic". Even though I am not the biggest Lucas fan, season 9 loses something by invalidating the entire Lucas backstory.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Kazters - 14-11-2010 07:29 PM

i sort of agree aria i mean they do ignore everything we have come to trust and like about the charactor! but we never did get much back story for him i sort of hoped we would get that this series

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BravoNine - 14-11-2010 08:06 PM

This is why I'm sticking to my fanfic version of what happened to Lucas. It's a much more plausible storyline with a much better ending! Smile

Btw, I have posted the newest chapter if my fellow Spooks-lovers still wanna see how Series 9 SHOULD have ended! Wink

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BoHenley - 14-11-2010 09:50 PM

(14-11-2010 07:29 PM)Kazters Wrote:  i sort of agree aria i mean they do ignore everything we have come to trust and like about the charactor! but we never did get much back story for him i sort of hoped we would get that this series

And I think that's the whole point. As viewers, you build up an affinity with a certain character, you invest your emotions with them, "ride with them" with their victories and failures, and it's irrelevant whether or not you're a "fan" of the actor/actress involved. It's the CHARACTER that ropes you in, and in two series Lucas was set up as trustworthy and loyal, okay with a few flaws and slightly maverick tendencies, but hey, that's what made him Lucas.

To trash all that, even under the banner of a courageous storyline (which it is), really cheats the viewer.

[Adding an edit] I'm trying to stop clutching at straws about Lucas's survival. In one of RA's interviews, he said he'd like a "quiet" death for the character, and Kudos would've had to have discussed this with him around the time of the interview (or before). As much as I'd love an escape for him, and I WOULD, I do think Lucas stepped off the roof. But (as posted elsewhere) a scream and a car alarm don't mean a body. There were the footsteps (...Bo picks up the packet of straws...)

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - HellsBells - 15-11-2010 02:20 PM

(14-11-2010 07:09 PM)Aria Wrote:  Even though I am not the biggest Lucas fan, season 9 loses something by invalidating the entire Lucas backstory.

It is really interesting to read the comments of less enthusiastic fans of Lucas.
I hated the storyline because I'm a huge Lucas fan and the writers destroyed the character completely. But I keep question whether I'm biased because of my love for the character.