Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
[spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas.
03-10-2010, 10:26 AM
[spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas.
So I've triple checked and we don't actually have a thread just for Lucas. Not Lucas and his girls, Lucas and his tatts, Lucas and Harry - just Lucas.

Season 9 is set to be about Lucas' past and I think it's high time we had a thread just about a man who has great integrity but doesn't always know when to say 'uncle'.

Any future confirmed spoilers for season 9 MUST BE TAGGED. Otherwise, everything aired on BBC1 up until this point in time is fair game.

Finally, I know we all like to talk about how hot Armitage is (don't I know it), but I would like to try and keep this about his character. If at all possible.

And yes, how nice he looked in the suit last week, in 9.2. We are spoiled.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2010, 01:55 PM
RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas.
I hate to see Lucas struggle, but maybe the writers are trying to keep Lucas as far away from an "adam" type as possible. It's entertaining, you know, like a bad car accident. You just can't look away. Perversely, fascinating to watch him slide...
03-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I just wish Lucas would get some balls from somewhere. His weakness is his past, it always has been. With such a nightmare past, one wonders why he wanted to come back to the Service when he was released from the Russians. Trust is also an issue for Lucas and he wonders why Harry doesn't always trust him in return.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
03-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I wish the writers would stop giving him a love interest. Let the man act for Heaven's sake!
03-10-2010, 06:41 PM
(03-10-2010 05:50 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I wish the writers would stop giving him a love interest. Let the man act for Heaven's sake!

Seconded!!! I know that most women off screen would love to date Lucas, but it doesn't mean that the writers make most women on screen date him!

... Rant over.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
03-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Poor old Lucas, he needs to get older or uglier. Until then I suspect this is going to be his lot. It is a bit boring and predictable though.
03-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I think the Lucas character has great potential that has been missed for the most part thus far. He is still an enigma to me. I would love to know more. I was never more intrigued by Lucas than in 9.1 though - sans girlfriend past or present. The series is still young. They may still pull it out.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
03-10-2010, 11:40 PM
I like the way we're getting snippets of Lucas's background - at last! I'm really enjoying the sinister link to Vaughan and what would appear to be some sort of activist group. That's so intriguing. But Maya...? Yawn. The inclusion of her character seems irrelevant. Yes, it's a love interest, and yes, let's face it, Lucas is rather easy on the eye, but dragging in another female just for the sake of it? Get on with Lucas's background with Vaughan!
04-10-2010, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2010 07:21 PM by Naivety.)
The thing I find most annoying about Maya is that she was supposed to be his big love from years back, his absolute Miss Right, but it took a photo in a suitcase for him to remember her. Until that point he's never mentioned her, never looked lovesick (well, not over her anyway). Now he can't stay away because she's gonna play hard-to-get. Yawn, yawn, double yawn! That sort of plot belongs in Eastenders.
04-10-2010, 06:40 AM
I love how RA is very different when he is Lucas the section head to Lucas the vulnerable man with a past. What I mean is that if you watch RA closely (not difficult I know) his posture is very different when he is confident and incharge his shoulders are back and his spine is straight. his speech is flirty especially with Beth. When we are being given snipets about his past he shows how vulnerable he is by shrinking almost and he use his facial muscles and eyes brillantly to convey what he is thinking without speaking.