Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. (/thread-1214.html)

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BravoNine - 16-11-2010 03:31 PM

(16-11-2010 02:56 AM)KitKat385 Wrote:  Ooh....alright, I'll bite Big Grin It is under the Fanfiction forum?

Yup! It's called Series 9: The Alternative, I am changing the storyline and taking it to a different direction, it's set after Episode 6.

(16-11-2010 10:40 AM)binkie Wrote:  I read a comment recently on a blog for this show along the lines that season 9 was fan fiction and that Lucas had died in the explosion with Ros at the end of season 8. I'm prepared to go along with this Silba

If only....seeing this mess of Series 9, I'd rather Lucas died along with Ros, at least he would have gone out a hero.

But like I said....you can always take my fanfic as the truth...Wink

(16-11-2010 02:18 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  So at the end of 9.7, why didn't Lucas believe Harry and come in?
Vaughn was dead, there was no one to contradict his version of the events. He'd survive 8 years of torture so I don't think MI5 interrogation would have made him tell the truth. He'd have probably lost his job with MI5 but he would have had Maya.

I'm not quite sure, but I think Lucas believed Harry to be insincere and he wanted to get away without serving prison time for it.

And to be honest, with Harry's tone of voice on the phone, I'm not sure even I'd believe Harry if I was Lucas, something about Harry's tone just didn't ring true.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - HellsBells - 16-11-2010 04:18 PM

(16-11-2010 03:31 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  And to be honest, with Harry's tone of voice on the phone, I'm not sure even I'd believe Harry if I was Lucas, something about Harry's tone just didn't ring true.

They always did have a problem with trusting each other I guess. Shame the writers didn't probe further into their relationship. There were so many good story lines they could have followed, what a waste this Lucas/John storyline was.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BravoNine - 16-11-2010 04:33 PM

(16-11-2010 04:18 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  
(16-11-2010 03:31 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  And to be honest, with Harry's tone of voice on the phone, I'm not sure even I'd believe Harry if I was Lucas, something about Harry's tone just didn't ring true.

They always did have a problem with trusting each other I guess. Shame the writers didn't probe further into their relationship. There were so many good story lines they could have followed, what a waste this Lucas/John storyline was.

That was what I always thought was intriguing about their relationship, they always had a problem trusting each other, but when crap hits the fan and every crisis starts building up, each other is who they count on.

It's just so frustrating, I mean, they have issues trusting each other but the chips are down and their lives are at risk, each other is all they trust and they go to hell and back for each other.

I wish the writers would show why is that, and how strong is their connection and their loyalty to each other.

Such a shame the writers just toss it all away.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - HellsBells - 17-11-2010 12:53 PM

I think my main reasons for really disliking series 9, was there were good story lines waiting to be told, but they were completely ignored. I'm in mourning for all good stories that now won't be told about Lucas (unless he survives to series 10, pass those straws!). I may have to reside permanently in the world of fanfic because those authors have a better understanding of Lucas than the series 9 writers ever did.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BravoNine - 17-11-2010 01:05 PM

(17-11-2010 12:53 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I think my main reasons for really disliking series 9, was there were good story lines waiting to be told, but they were completely ignored. I'm in mourning for all good stories that now won't be told about Lucas (unless he survives to series 10, pass those straws!). I may have to reside permanently in the world of fanfic because those authors have a better understanding of Lucas than the series 9 writers ever did.

This is why I have completely convinced myself into believing that MY fanfic is the REAL version of what happened to Lucas!Angel

There will actually be rich past history and connections being explored and relationship dynamics being delved deeper into! Everything Series 9 writers wasted, I shall rectify in my fanfic world! Lucas will be given the honor, credibility, and integrity that he truly deserves!

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - HellsBells - 17-11-2010 02:28 PM

I can't wait!
Until then, I think I will probably just forget series 9 ever happened and, as someone has already suggested, believe Lucas died with Ros in that explosion.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - KitKat385 - 17-11-2010 03:08 PM

(17-11-2010 01:05 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  This is why I have completely convinced myself into believing that MY fanfic is the REAL version of what happened to Lucas!Angel

There will actually be rich past history and connections being explored and relationship dynamics being delved deeper into! Everything Series 9 writers wasted, I shall rectify in my fanfic world! Lucas will be given the honor, credibility, and integrity that he truly deserves!

Sound awesome! See, it always seems like it's the fans who have more respect for the characters....hence fanfiction being the lifesaver when the real show tries to drown us in that horrible idea of a season (oooh, metaphor? See, we can write waaay better Big Grin) Everybody's working their hardest to keep Lucas the way we love him!

Until they give us something better, I'm addicted to my computer with lovely fanfics, and plan to shoot the TV Wink

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Annie - 17-11-2010 10:00 PM

(16-11-2010 10:40 AM)binkie Wrote:  I read a comment recently on a blog for this show along the lines that season 9 was fan fiction and that Lucas had died in the explosion with Ros at the end of season 8. I'm prepared to go along with this Silba

Blush That was me, and I still tell myself so. Episode 8.8 is the last time we see Lucas as just Lucas, the way the people who thought him up in the first place intended him. And the last we see of Just Lucas, is his very hard landing on the pavement, which in reality could easily have killed someone. At the time that episode was filmed, hero-Lucas was still canon. He was never seen that way again. By the time 9.1 rolled around, he was already Lucas-is-John.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - KitKat385 - 17-11-2010 10:24 PM

(17-11-2010 10:00 PM)Annie Wrote:  Blush That was me, and I still tell myself so. Episode 8.8 is the last time we see Lucas as just Lucas, the way the people who thought him up in the first place intended him. And the last we see of Just Lucas, is his very hard landing on the pavement, which in reality could easily have killed someone. At the time that episode was filmed, hero-Lucas was still canon. He was never seen that way again. By the time 9.1 rolled around, he was already Lucas-is-John.

But, I liked Season 9 a little...mostly because of the end. We hear all these horrible things about John and what he's done, and Vaughn mentions before his death that a 'killer's been unleashed (muahahaha, etc.)', but in the end Lucas/John doesn't kill anybody. That means 'Lucas' is still there, reformed and unwilling to kill innocents (or Ruth) anymore. Plus he genuinely cared for his co-workers, otherwise they wouldn't have surivived! He really only had problems with Harry, which season 8 Lucas had also. I would have been happy with season 9 if he'd taken up Lucas North for a better reason than blowing up embassies since he had nothing better to do. Or if Maya hadn't existed. Or if Harry had seen that John was now Lucas, not some betrayer. Since he did serve his country admirably well, only with a false name (he didn't even have bad intentions coming into MI5!)

So yeah. I'll say Lucas lives, and he's my little alternate-reality version Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Annie - 17-11-2010 10:41 PM

(17-11-2010 10:24 PM)KitKat385 Wrote:  So yeah. I'll say Lucas lives, and he's my little alternate-reality version Big Grin

Worst thing is, I'm not 100 percent convinced he jumped. This show can retcon like no one's business. So, if there is a season 11, and RA is available, I can fully see them coming up with a "plausible" explaination for how John faked his death. But he'll still be terrorist-John. Dodgy