Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. (/thread-1214.html)

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BravoNine - 16-10-2010 09:37 PM

My head hurts...Confused

This is just too much, I fear this terrible future that could possibly come to pass, and I just don't want it to happen.Undecided

Why can't there be a happy ending for once on this show! I mean, that might actually be surprising to the fans!!

Lucas is loyal to Harry and MI5, he just has to be, he has always said how this job is everything to him, hell he fought so hard to get back to his "home", why would he easily throw it all away! This is his family, these are the people he cares about, I refuse to believe he would just give it all up, or let any of them come to harm!

I have to keep believing that Harry and Lucas will find a way to fix this, they have to!Vueltasss

I've had enough crying this year, I don't wanna have to cry over what happens to Lucas too!Suicida

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Tea Lady - 16-10-2010 10:35 PM

(16-10-2010 09:33 PM)Naivety Wrote:  Do you think Harry knows that Lucas is John?

Mmmm, I'm tempted to say yes here, even though I am not sure how this fits in with many of my hundred theories I have put forward. It was just the way Vaughn seemed convinced in the pub in 9.4 that Harry would believe anything that Lucas/John told him.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BoHenley - 16-10-2010 11:11 PM

I'm sure Harry knows.

And I'd say the reasons are linked to Vaughan (obviously) and their past "job," the Albany file, the Chinese, and possibly the reasons why Harry "left" Lucas in prison for 8 years (to take him off the radar?). Vaughan must've been MI5 at some stage, hence his "A" file.

If Harry has any control over the situation, then Lucas's character should continue into S10. I REALLY REALLY hope so. He's such a complex, flawed, compassionate, maddening, ruthless, and yet at times almost pitiful character. RA plays him so well. Wonderful stuff!

It's so exciting, isn't it? And we're only half way through (I can't stand it!)

(Is there a smilie for "biting one's nails off"?)

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BravoNine - 17-10-2010 07:22 AM

(16-10-2010 11:11 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  I'm sure Harry knows.

And I'd say the reasons are linked to Vaughan (obviously) and their past "job," the Albany file, the Chinese, and possibly the reasons why Harry "left" Lucas in prison for 8 years (to take him off the radar?). Vaughan must've been MI5 at some stage, hence his "A" file.

If Harry has any control over the situation, then Lucas's character should continue into S10. I REALLY REALLY hope so. He's such a complex, flawed, compassionate, maddening, ruthless, and yet at times almost pitiful character. RA plays him so well. Wonderful stuff!

I agree that Vaughn has connections with MI5, I mean, why else would his name have shown up in the database...

I just really hope that Lucas and Harry teams up to fix this!

Spoiler: show
Maybe Lucas is the reason Malcolm is back as well, I really wanna see Harry/Lucas/Malcolm going old-school spook on the baddies!!! They were a team once years ago before Lucas was taken away, let them be a team again!!!

Sometimes I just so fear that a terrible dark ending is gonna befall the team, especially as I am working on a Harry/Lucas/Tom video with the song "Numb" by Linkin Park and one of lyrics for Lucas's POV to Harry is "Everything that you thought I would be, is falling apart right in front of you", which this lyrics ignites this fear in me because what if everything that Harry had hoped Lucas would become, everything he believed Lucas could be, is gonna fall apart in front of his eyes because Lucas turns on them? It just scares me, like a nightmare I can't forget... Sad

(16-10-2010 11:11 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  It's so exciting, isn't it? And we're only half way through (I can't stand it!)

(Is there a smilie for "biting one's nails off"?)

I feel like my brain is gonna burst! Every Monday I have a hard time concentrating in class because my concern and worry for Lucas is so real it's like he's my own family!

(There isn't a "biting one's nails off" smilie, but there is a "run around like a decapitated chicken" smilie that is masquerading as a "dances" smilie... ---->Vueltasss this so does not look like dancing to me...)

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - deebab - 17-10-2010 09:23 AM

Naivety Wrote:
Do you think Harry knows that Lucas is John?

Surely Harry knows who Lucas really is.

Series 9 Spoiler: show
Lucas handed Vaughan his phone & said he'd help him ring Harry when Vaughan threatened to expose the truth. He didn't look intimidated at all by the threat.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Naivety - 17-10-2010 09:56 AM

Lucas is an MI5 agent, it is possible that he was calling his bluff, because in the last episode he was terrified and frustrated when Vaughn called him during that op in the park, and he realised he would have to get the file for him. Lucas is frightened of either 1) Vaughn, or 2) what Vaughn has on him.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - deebab - 17-10-2010 07:40 PM

(17-10-2010 09:56 AM)Naivety Wrote:  Lucas is an MI5 agent, it is possible that he was calling his bluff, because in the last episode he was terrified and frustrated when Vaughn called him during that op in the park, and he realised he would have to get the file for him. Lucas is frightened of either 1) Vaughn, or 2) what Vaughn has on him.

or 3) is frightened Maya will find out what he did

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - HellsBells - 18-10-2010 11:50 AM

(17-10-2010 07:40 PM)deebab Wrote:  
(17-10-2010 09:56 AM)Naivety Wrote:  Lucas is an MI5 agent, it is possible that he was calling his bluff, because in the last episode he was terrified and frustrated when Vaughn called him during that op in the park, and he realised he would have to get the file for him. Lucas is frightened of either 1) Vaughn, or 2) what Vaughn has on him.

or 3) is frightened Maya will find out what he did
or 4) is frightened of what Harry will do when he finds out what Lucas did 15 years ago and what he is doing now.
I really don't think Harry knows much about Lucas's past, although he may well know who Vaughn is.

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - Tea Lady - 18-10-2010 10:17 PM

Well, Maya must be as thick as two short planks of wood, and blind, if she doesn't realise that the two men in her life are not who they say they are.

I think Lucas has been played. We still don't know the reason though. He has to go to Harry surely? The hole will just get bigger Lucas.

Also didn't like him shouting at young Tariq. Temper, temper.

New theory. Vaughn takes Maya hostage and threatens to kill her unless Lucas does what he wants. That is a kill order on Harry. Confused

RE: [spoilers] Lucas. Just Lucas. - BravoNine - 18-10-2010 11:46 PM

(18-10-2010 10:17 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Well, Maya must be as thick as two short planks of wood, and blind, if she doesn't realise that the two men in her life are not who they say they are.

I think Lucas has been played. We still don't know the reason though. He has to go to Harry surely? The hole will just get bigger Lucas.

Also didn't like him shouting at young Tariq. Temper, temper.

New theory. Vaughn takes Maya hostage and threatens to kill her unless Lucas does what he wants. That is a kill order on Harry. Confused

That does it! I am gonna build a shrink ray, shrink Lucas, and hide him in my safety-box!!!Dodgy That child is getting into WAY too much trouble!!

A kill order on Harry would certainly bring them into a confrontation, but can Lucas do it? I mean, Lucas stayed loyal for all those years, is he really gonna toss it all away for one woman? Could he?

Maybe at the last minute, he'll turn the gun on himself, maybe that's the end, Lucas sacrificing himself and dying a hero to protect both Harry and Maya.....UndecidedVueltasssSuicida