Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. (/thread-1239.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Naivety - 19-10-2010 06:31 PM

That would make my day!

Series 9.6 trailer Spoiler: show
I also think that it's a romantic moment. Doesn't Harry look shocked when Ruth takes his hand!

The next six days cannot go quickly enough!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - lwhite53 - 19-10-2010 06:48 PM

We got the H/R "It's just the wind" roof shot in a trailer last season, too, and that didn't amount to much, so I'm not gonna' hold my breath on this one!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - SPOOK91 - 19-10-2010 06:49 PM

The look on his face is completely adorable. He clearly isn't expecting it at all. Perhaps there is some kind of confrontation before hand which is why he seems to be accepting that she is talking about the proposal to him the proposal, he looks calm and somewhat trying to be blase. Until she takes his hand that is! I wonder what is going through her head.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Beatriz - 19-10-2010 07:06 PM

I didn't see that coming!!!

My heart stopped!!! Even though, I knew there was going to be some important HR scene in 9.6 (Ian Wylie's blog), I didn't expect something like this and even less, watching it in the next week episode trailer! OMG! I find her holding his hand so endearing Rolleyes I agree that it won't be an "I accept your proposition" conversation; but Nico? Really? We aren't able to get rid of this boy!! haha
I'd love to see a kiss too, TL; but I don't think that's happening...

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - SPOOK91 - 19-10-2010 07:17 PM

Looking back it probably won't be an accepting of his proposal, however it could be something. I'm not sure what they could do at this point. Why would she be holding his hand like that it baffles me? I think that there would surely be a far better idea to pass him a memory stick in that way, set up a dead drop or something? But the spooks writers do enjoy their callbacks to previous series and that would be a perfect 4.9 callback. This could be feasible. I hope not though, it would be quite harsh of Ruth to get his hopes up like that. It's interesting what she says too. "I know things have been difficult since you said what you said." What could be said next? She doesn't want it to affect them? She does feel something at least for him? Or that she needs him to trust her because of the Lucas thing?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Naivety - 19-10-2010 08:15 PM

I think she's gently bracing him for bad news, but hopefully it will lead to something more. It seems to be a tender moment.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 19-10-2010 10:18 PM

Ok, I may be over optimistic here but I really don't think you would touch someones hand like that if you were just their friend and really didn't want to lead them on. Ruth would know that touching hands is out of bounds in a purely working relationship surely? Also I really think that the fact Ian Wylie has not commented on this scene in his blog after watching the episode is telling. He was able to comment on the tears/wind scene in 8.8. I just think that if the scene was not significant, Wylie would be taking the Micky. If it was about Lucas then I would expect Ruth to have piles of papers with her. I also think the scene is at the end of the show because the meeting room table seems to be covered in rubbish.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - SPOOK91 - 19-10-2010 11:08 PM

I really hope you are right Tea Lady! It certainally is not something you would do to the man who you rejected. It's just plain mean to get his hopes up. I do think it is odd that Wylie hasn't put anything at all in his blog about it. Just seems odd. He would usually have at least a little something. I really hope that something happens in this episode. It is true that Ruth would have brought all the evidence with her. Unless the evidence is on the memory stick. (just had a thought though perhaps that memory stick is the one that Vaughan has with the Albany file and because Vaughan is nasty he has sent it to Thames House?) Which would suggest she may not be passing him the thing. It looks to me like she is about to put her other hand on his too.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 20-10-2010 02:27 AM

I'm with lwhite53 on this: I am not holding my breath on this.

Series 9.6 Spoiler: show
I think, at best, it will be another small step forward in their reconcilliation and at worst, nothing more than Ruth asking him to trust her on something even though things have been difficult of late. They are on the grid after all. How intimate can they get?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Naivety - 20-10-2010 06:03 AM

(19-10-2010 10:18 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
Ok, I may be over optimistic here but I really don't think you would touch someones hand like that if you were just their friend and really didn't want to lead them on. Ruth would know that touching hands is out of bounds in a purely working relationship surely? Also I really think that the fact Ian Wylie has not commented on this scene in his blog after watching the episode is telling. He was able to comment on the tears/wind scene in 8.8. I just think that if the scene was not significant, Wylie would be taking the Micky. If it was about Lucas then I would expect Ruth to have piles of papers with her. I also think the scene is at the end of the show because the meeting room table seems to be covered in rubbish.

I'm willing to be optimistic, TL. I'm just about 'keeping the faith!'.

In reply to lwhite53:
Read the 'Hot Desking' story in the thread 'Looking for a specific fanfic!'Wink