Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
09-10-2010, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 07:12 AM by JHyde.)
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
OK, for those who don't know: this thread is fair game for anything that has aired until this point on BBC1. Any confirmed spoilers for future episodes need spoiler tags please.

Also, feel free to vote on the new poll!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2010, 08:47 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
O, it would be lovely if someone could put up Series 9 HR moments in consecutive order on youtube...
09-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Is that Joe Cocker I hear, singing in the background??

I probably rewatch the HR moments more than any. It also means, when I go back and watch the whole episode eventually, it's quite fresh as I will have forgotton some scenes. If I was to watch the whole episode over and over again, in its entirety, I would probably soon get bored of it.

Actually, the three episodes I have recorded on my Sky+ plus box at the moment are paused at the following moments, because these are the moments I watch the most. 9.1 = when Harry comes out of the pods having handed in his resignation and sees Ruth. I love the way he looks and those eyes Angel 9.2 = paused at the late night phone call. 9.3 = paused at the embankment scene at the end.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
09-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I should point out that Nitrus popped in the third option Smile

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
(09-10-2010 12:41 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I should point out that Nitrus popped in the third option Smile

WHAT !!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrh...

Us shippers are used to it now. We know we are cool Cool

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
09-10-2010, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 01:22 PM by almh.)
... Thanks Nitrus Dodgy

Of course we are cool. We are the only Spooks shippers who have their own corner dedicated to hopeless optimists Tongue You don't see groups of fans Lucas/Maya or even fans of Lucas/shewhomustnotbenamed sitting in a corner eating cakes Smile

I must admit, I half love, half hate those scenes. Love them because my mind is going "Awwwwww!!!". Hate them because I am screaming out "DO SOMETHING!!!", such as in 9.3 where Ruth just stands there as Harry walks away. I hope they do develop the relationship in 9.4 (I bet sods law will come into play, and something major will happen in 9.5, which I won't be able to watch for two weeks Confused)

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
09-10-2010, 01:30 PM
I've never doubted we were so f***ing cool Big Grin

(09-10-2010 12:41 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I should point out that Nitrus popped in the third option Smile

LOL I didn't expect less of him Wink

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
09-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Haha, I can totally see why some people would be getting rather sick of the whole "will they won't they" saga. But I think that is part of the fun with them. Those little moments can spark off the longest most in depth discussions! Kudos must be out there laughing!
09-10-2010, 01:48 PM
(09-10-2010 01:43 PM)SPOOK91 Wrote:  Haha, I can totally see why some people would be getting rather sick of the whole "will they won't they" saga. But I think that is part of the fun with them. Those little moments can spark off the longest most in depth discussions! Kudos must be out there laughing!

Why do I have a horrible feeling that you're right? I think that the HR topic is the longest on SF (including the previous threads - as far as I'm aware this is the only topic to be on its third thread) so evidently it is important... or at the very least, it does make people talk.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
09-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I would imagine it is. Truth is people are intrigued by other people and their relationships. Generally the public would find it difficult to see themselves in a spy as we don't really know what goes on in that area, however a relationship is different its easier to empathise.

I do hope that we see something in the coming episodes, it would be awful if we were kept hanging on for another year. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that we might.