Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. (/thread-1239.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - SPOOK91 - 24-10-2010 12:54 PM

That would seem to make sense. Harry did mess it up with his children from his first marriage. I'm not sure if that is what he meant though. But as you said Harry is a good few years older than Ruth and life expectancy as a spy is most definately not the national average.

I think that when Ruth had that conversation with the Dr in 9.4 that she was defiantely thinking about Nico, the way she hesitated a little when the Dr asked her if she had children, it was as if Ruth was finally accepting that she doesn't have children anymore, perhaps making hedgeway on finally getting over what happened. I do think it may have crossed her mind though that her turning Harry down was basically turning down the chance of having a child of her own.

I just hope that they get their act together sooner rather than later.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 25-10-2010 09:46 PM

Oh crap! *throws cake in bin and leaves*

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Aria - 25-10-2010 09:59 PM

(25-10-2010 09:46 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Oh crap! *throws cake in bin and leaves*

LOL I knew the hand touching wouldn't amount to much, nice to know I wasn't wrong.

Why didn't Harry take Ruth seriously at the end when she was telling him her suspicions about Lucas. Hasn't he learned by now that she is never wrong Smile

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Naivety - 25-10-2010 10:00 PM

(25-10-2010 09:46 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Oh crap! *throws cake in bin and leaves*

It's not looking good, is it?

I'm just trying to tell myself that if the trailer for 9.6 was so misleading, then the bit in the 9.7 trailer where Harry is disciplining Ruth will mean the complete opposite and that they will fall into each other's arms, confess their undying love for each other and proceed to make love on the desk! (**takes deep breaths to calm down**).

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 25-10-2010 10:09 PM

(25-10-2010 09:59 PM)Aria Wrote:  Why didn't Harry take Ruth seriously at the end when she was telling him her suspicions about Lucas. Hasn't he learned by now that she is never wrong Smile

I think he was just in shock and she didn't really tell him WHAT was wrong, only that SOMETHING was wrong. It could just be something small that Lucas has got himself involved in. I don't think the big red alarm bell was ringing in Harry's head yet. I think Ruth knows, that Harry has to go away and digest this info and she probably knows that he will take it out on her for a while also, until he accepts it. I think if he finds out about Lucas looking for Albany, that will be enough.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 26-10-2010 09:47 AM

Aww, don't throw out the cake just yet...

That final scene between them, when Ruth apologised for using Harry's... you know... to get the information to him was rather sweet. So even though they haven't moved forward, at least they haven't regressed either this episode.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - yorkshiretyke - 26-10-2010 12:06 PM

Right, firstly I can not believe I am going to say this (but I will) I wish it was two weeks time and Spooks had concluded...Why, because I am an educated, grown, professional woman and yet find myself thinking about it all the time!!....I need to get back to normal...Its a good job its half term and I can stuff myself with cake and wine!!

p.s
Series 9 Spoiler: show
Please don't let Ruth or Harry die or turn out to be baddies...

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 26-10-2010 01:30 PM

Awwww...TeaLady, not the marble cake!?!

I wasn't holding my breath either but I liked the scene - very clever of both of them. I think it is lovely how they know each other so well that they can read the smallest hint in the others face. I just love that about them. For me, the fact that they are not married or she has not moved into his house does not diminish the fact that their connection is very profound. The last two episodes in particular have highlighted this about their "relationship."

Of course, it is this very dynamic that frightens me for the remainder of the series. Confused

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 26-10-2010 03:09 PM

(26-10-2010 12:06 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  Right, firstly I can not believe I am going to say this (but I will) I wish it was two weeks time and Spooks had concluded...Why, because I am an educated, grown, professional woman and yet find myself thinking about it all the time!!....I need to get back to normal...Its a good job its half term and I can stuff myself with cake and wine!!

Haha, you will be back here in a few months yorkshiretyke, desperate for S10 to start. We all will, no matter how stressful this all seems now.

(26-10-2010 01:30 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Awwww...TeaLady, not the marble cake!?!

Actually no. I did eat it all, I am not ashamed to say.

I have to say though that I am still in the optimists corner here, despite yesterdays set back to the moon and beyond. I just can't believe we are not going to get a little moment before this series ends. I just can't. Therefore I will believe and get baking again for next week. Smile

Pactum Serva.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Beatriz - 26-10-2010 04:23 PM

Nice to hear that you haven't abandon the optimistic corner, Tea Lady, I ate a lot of cake today watching the episode, as one of the first scenes was the one in the last week's trailer.

I truly second A Cousin words, they know each other so well, I'm glad (partly, PARTLY) that they had followed this path and hadn't thrown in each other arms yet, I'm enjoying it... I know this is going to end well, but we have to be patient. Pactum Serva!!

Series 9.6 trailer Spoiler: show
Is nobody talking about Lucas' hand in Ruth's neck? OMG! EDIT: My excitement made me see what it wasn't sorry...