Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. (/thread-1239.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 26-10-2010 04:27 PM

(26-10-2010 01:30 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Awwww...TeaLady, not the marble cake!?!

I wasn't holding my breath either but I liked the scene - very clever of both of them. I think it is lovely how they know each other so well that they can read the smallest hint in the others face. I just love that about them. For me, the fact that they are not married or she has not moved into his house does not diminish the fact that their connection is very profound. The last two episodes in particular have highlighted this about their "relationship."

Of course, it is this very dynamic that frightens me for the remainder of the series. Confused

Yeah, me too. It sure looks as though poor Ruth
Series 9.7 Spoiler: show
gets in trouble in the next episode.
If this is already happening next episode, what will happen in 9.8?!

On the other hand, maybe it will move HR closer to each other, although I'm not holding my breath. If they both live to the very end of Spooks, that's probably when we'll get something tangible on the HR front. Sigh.

I like the last scene between them a lot - the way Harry tells her she has nothing to apologise for made me think that he was actually rather proud of her spy skills in coming up with the plan to get the info to him. But I have to say, there was some major skill involved in her slipping him the note in such a way that it is miraculously the right way up and around for him to read... Or do you think she wrote the message on both sides to make sure? Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 26-10-2010 04:40 PM

(26-10-2010 04:27 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I like the last scene between them a lot - the way Harry tells her she has nothing to apologise for made me think that he was actually rather proud of her spy skills in coming up with the plan to get the info to him. But I have to say, there was some major skill involved in her slipping him the note in such a way that it is miraculously the right way up and around for him to read... Or do you think she wrote the message on both sides to make sure? Tongue

LOL! You know Ruth can do anything Silktie and expertly managed to get the note in his palm, the right side up. How on earth did she manage to write the note in the first place though? Under her desk?

She did seem to withdraw her hands quite slowly though, from Harry's. They both probably enjoyed that touch even though it was for work purposes. Ruth also kind of smiled at Harry's joke about Beecher at the end. They are getting comfortable again with each other. Calm before the storm...?

Series 9.7 trailer Spoiler: show
Did anyone else think Harry didn't look too worried when he burst into the flat? They all looked like they were looking at the floor, perhaps the kitchen floor maybe? Heaven knows how Harry will cope with this one though, if Ruth gets badly hurt on an op and his eye was off the ball. Perhaps concentrating on Lucas.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - lwhite53 - 26-10-2010 09:32 PM

(26-10-2010 04:40 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  LOL! You know Ruth can do anything Silktie and expertly managed to get the note in his palm, the right side up. How on earth did she manage to write the note in the first place though? Under her desk?

Had to be in the Ladies, as that was apparently the only area in the entire grid that wans't under observation. Nice to know that the cyber hackers have some scruples.Silba

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - yorkshiretyke - 27-10-2010 08:06 AM

Quick Tea Lady fire up the AGA, I am in need of carrott cake (with vanilla icing ontop!)

http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/articlescans/WOTV_26Oct10.jpg...I have posted this on 9.7 summary, but felt I must post here too, look at the last sentence, a quote by Peter....I think it may be Ruth!!!aaaarrrghhhh...tell me I am wrong...please!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - SPOOK91 - 27-10-2010 10:53 AM

Series 9.7 What's on TV Spoiler: show
I'm being optimistic about this, I think that that quote may have been a before the series quote and that Peter may well be talking about the thing with Lucas. We know that Ruth is going to be in trouble, I think that is bad enough for her if I'm honest.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Hunted - 27-10-2010 11:01 AM

I tried not to read that spoiler but I couldn't help myself YorkshireTyke! I don't get that vibe at all from it, if that makes us feel a bit better :-) That quote is probably taken completely out of context, and it could mean any number of things. The tea is on!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 27-10-2010 01:55 PM

(27-10-2010 08:06 AM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  Quick Tea Lady fire up the AGA, I am in need of carrott cake (with vanilla icing ontop!)

http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/articlescans/WOTV_26Oct10.jpg...I have posted this on 9.7 summary, but felt I must post here too, look at the last sentence, a quote by Peter....I think it may be Ruth!!!aaaarrrghhhh...tell me I am wrong...please!

Series 9.7 Whats on TV Review Spoiler: show
That last comment could really mean just about anything as it's talking about the series in general. We have also had lots of surprises already. This interview is probably a pre-season interview as well. It is just getting too late in the day for Ruth to be directly involved in this, IMO, and considering what is coming up for her in the next episode.

*passes big piece of cake*

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - yorkshiretyke - 27-10-2010 04:32 PM

Why thank you Tea Lady....one feel much better now!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - yorkshiretyke - 30-10-2010 02:01 PM

Spent too much time driving and thinking over last couple of days....so weekend discussion time...
Series 9 Spoiler: show
After reading the TV Choice line that TL put on, I am thinking (but hoping not!) that Ruth might be the one to betray Harry....how many of us could live with that....discuss!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 30-10-2010 03:35 PM

Series 9, and for 9.7 and 9.8 specifically Spoiler: show
I don't think so, for the following reasons:
Looking back at what NW said in her Ian Wylie interview about Ruth flat-sharing with Beth, she said it didn't suit Ruth to be asked to spy on her flatmate, that it was too dishonest for Ruth. How much more dishonest is betraying Harry and the team? Would she have said that if she knew Ruth was the big betrayer?

Secondly, I also honestly haven't seen anything shifty in her behaviour thus far, like others have claimed. Granted, I've been watching the episodes on a tiny window on my laptop, so I could have missed some shifty looks or something.

Thirdly, I don't see how they will fit it in time-wise. We know she has her own storyline in episode 7, and gets knocked about badly. Will they cram it into the last 5 minutes of episode 8 and be able to have it make sense?

Fourthly, would they have stated so boldly in the episode 8 description that Harry is forced to choose between Ruth and MI5 if he has to do so because she is an evil traitor, rather than because she is in danger? Surely not, if it is supposed to be the huge surprise everyone predicts.

Or you know, I am just deluding myself. Wouldn't be the first time...