Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. (/thread-1239.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 09-11-2010 09:01 PM

Well, if they can get any good to come out of this miserable Lucas-Is-John storyline, at least let it be that Harry and Ruth finally admits they love each other and get married!!

Clearly even our Lucas (he wants Mommy and Daddy to be together) wants Ruth to have that happy life! So why not just do it! Come on Ruth! The kids need Mom and Dad together!!! Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 09-11-2010 09:04 PM

(09-11-2010 08:55 PM)Angie Wrote:  Obviously I hope they do finally get together, but if they do then I think it will have to be realistic rather than romantic. Ruth has a lot of work to do...if she wants him. Oh the agony of having to wait until who knows when next year to find out how much torture they are going to put them through. I'm crossing my fingers though that Ruth comes out of her troubles and listens to her heart.

Knowing Kudos, they are not finished with the H/R angst yet and I am sure there will be loads more to come in series 10. I think it will very much depend on whether the writers know that series 10 will be the last or not, as to what will happen. This has got to have a bearing on where the H/R relationship goes.

I hope, like others, that Ruth comes out of her hole a little in S10 and starts to live a little and enjoy life again. The prospects are good as I can't see them keeping Ruth like she was throughout most of S9. As for Harry, well who knows. He may just push Ruth away to try and keep her safe. This is the second time someone has used her to get at him. I can't see the investigation into Harry lasting the whole series though. This would be stretching it out, especially if Harry is still allowed to work on the Grid through this time.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 09-11-2010 09:14 PM

I agree if Series 10 is the last series something would happen, and maybe not a good something either...I can just see a plot tiwst as one of the being killed or something *Bad feeling*
Obviously I hope they finally get it together too,
I don't think Ruth blames Harry any more for anything, but she's fighting an internal battle against herself, that was part of her in Series 9, hopefully things are better for her in S10
I think part of Series 9 Ep8 bought them a little closer together, on one hand she's angry Harry would risk thousands of innocent people to save her (Even though Albany was fake) she still thought it was real,
on the other hand maybe she realises just how deep Harry's feelings for her run, if he was willing to give up his career in MI5 for her, and (If Albany had been real) a State secret just to save her lufe, when he came to rescue her I saw a tiiiiiny spark there, they obviously still love each other only it seems Ruth is the one having trouble letting him back in... like she's scared... perhaps Lucas's words to her about Harry's proposal will have an impact
It could go either way for Harry, he could grow closer to her... or push her away to protect her,

Hope for Series 10, Smile Hope they are not done with H/R... not just yet Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 10-11-2010 12:13 AM

I bloomin hope that Lucas made Ruth see sense. I'm pretty sure i saw at least a bit of realisation on her face when he said "Be brave, Be selfish for once in your life. You're like me... you've done enough just say yes!"

And then she really was elated that he came to get her.

I'm pretty sure that she will have seen him within the 48 hrs. Despite the brief scene in the office i doubt he'd want to leave her not knowing he was alright and she obviously wanted to see him alive. (I don't think that at the time of the tears she knew about Lucas' suicide. I may be wrong though).

And i think that once Ruth finds out that Albany doesn't work, which i'm sure Harry will put her straight on sooner rather than later (especially if he's being investigated), she will be so much more thankful. (I already think she is).
She probably doesn't really blame Harry. She probably blames herself for the fact he made the swap.

-----------------------
PS: I want someone to write fanfic based on them in the 48hr 'missing from the episode' period so that i can read. I have my own ideas but i'm too busy to take up fanfic writing again (even though i haven't ever written a Spooks one).

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 10-11-2010 02:23 AM

See this is how my mind is trying to see it, John kidnapped Ruth, but "Lucas" emerged and even in the toughest of crisis was trying to get Ruth and Harry back together so that there could be some good out of all this mess! He didn't let Harry die so that there is a chance of happiness.

So damn it Ruth, take the second chance that you both have been given!! "Lucas" sacrificed it all so that he was the only casualty, he wants you and Harry together, so please, get together already!

You love Harry, he loves you, it's just that simple!!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 10-11-2010 06:53 AM

Would you take advice from a guy who's obviously gone over the deep end, though? When Lucas told her that she was like him, methinks she was probably thinking that there was no way she wanted to end up like him, so maybe his advice may actually push her away from Harry?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 10-11-2010 07:12 AM

(10-11-2010 06:53 AM)Silktie Wrote:  Would you take advice from a guy who's obviously gone over the deep end, though? When Lucas told her that she was like him, methinks she was probably thinking that there was no way she wanted to end up like him, so maybe his advice may actually push her away from Harry?

Actually I find that Lucas's advice to Ruth was one of the most logical things he has ever uttered since this crazy debacle has started!! It was the first thing he said that made sense!!!

I like to think Ruth was intelligent enough to understand when Lucas said she was like him, he didn't mean the whole crazy multiple personality part, but more that they deserve to at least go after their love.

Even Lucas in the deep end can see that they love each other, surely Ruth can't be a block of wood about it.

Oh wait am I kidding, she probably would. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers made her go loco next.....Dodgy

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - JHyde - 10-11-2010 07:29 AM

I notice Silktie has made the point I was going to make. Having said that, just because Lucas was wrong about most things....

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 10-11-2010 01:28 PM

I think Ruth did listen to Lucas. It was the good Lucas talking to her then, the Lucas she knew, the Lucase that perhaps she hadn't been as close to as others on the Grid, but should have been. Ruth knows what Lucas had been through in jail, giving up 8 years of his life for the Service. She did listen and she heard him I think. Whether she then acts on that advice is another matter.

I did think she only mentioned the marriage proposal to try and get some sympathy off Lucas, to try and befriend her captive as it were. It turned into a bit more than that though.

As for this whole 48 hour thing between that scene and the last. Why? That night roof scene could have come quite soon after Ruth crying. Sorry to sound like an old record, but I think that 48hr thing was just put in because they were using old footage of Harry and he didn't have that fresh cut on his head.

Ruth must have seen Harry after the event. Surely though, Harry would have been suspended quite soon after the event, and wouldn't still be there 48hrs on.

I would love some fanfic as well. Ruth's reaction when she found out about the real Albany and tending to Harry's wounds. Wink

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 10-11-2010 01:35 PM

(10-11-2010 01:28 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  As for this whole 48 hour thing between that scene and the last. Why? That night roof scene could have come quite soon after Ruth crying. Sorry to sound like an old record, but I think that 48hr thing was just put in because they were using old footage of Harry and he didn't have that fresh cut on his head.

Ruth must have seen Harry after the event. Surely though, Harry would have been suspended quite soon after the event, and wouldn't still be there 48hrs on.

I would love some fanfic as well. Ruth's reaction when she found out about the real Albany and tending to Harry's wounds. Wink

The 48 hr thing really bugs me. I wanted to see his return if they had to have him return to the grid. (I would have probably have been happier with it ending after the crying, with him walking off the roof and it going dark).

Agreed that she must have seen him. I just don't think it's possible that she wouldn't have if he was there.

(I also had the image of her hugging him and avidly apologising before noticing his head. A bit out of character i know but hey, i'm just desperately wanting a comfort hug between them. Please kudos! Tongue)