Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. (/thread-1239.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 10-11-2010 01:43 PM

(10-11-2010 01:35 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  (I also had the image of her hugging him and avidly apologising before noticing his head. A bit out of character i know but hey, i'm just desperately wanting a comfort hug between them. Please kudos! Tongue)

Oh hugs, I wish there were hugs......I wished for hugs between Lucas and Harry for the longest time, maybe even Harry giving Lucas a cookie......imagine what I got instead.....not exactly the scenario I was thinking....Dodgy

Maybe the good thing out of this miserable sad storyline is that Harry and Ruth will finally be together!!! If that can be possible, then at least this sad ending wasn't all for nothing!

HUGS! Me want comfort hugs too!!! It's been way too long!

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 10-11-2010 01:57 PM

*Sending digital hugs* Big Grin

I know what you mean. If we don't get the right ending for Harry and Ruth, those who've been following them since series 2 will be totally peeved. (And i know that a large number of viewers have. Just look at the postcard campaign when Ruth left!)

By the way, for the record Spooks can have a happy ending! Zoe and Will got their happy ending in Chile. Why can't we let Ruth and Harry have theirs? Please!!!!!! (It's a valid point... Tongue)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 10-11-2010 01:58 PM

(10-11-2010 01:35 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  (I also had the image of her hugging him and avidly apologising before noticing his head. A bit out of character i know but hey, i'm just desperately wanting a comfort hug between them. Please kudos! Tongue)

Oh yes please. Ruth dabbing Harry's cut with her clean handkerchief. Putting a band-aid on. etc etc.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 10-11-2010 02:03 PM

(10-11-2010 01:58 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  

Oh yes please. Ruth dabbing Harry's cut with her clean handkerchief. Putting a band-aid on. etc etc.

*Sigh*

Living in the [Spooks] land of wishful thinking. Tongue

I thought i was being reasonable only asking for a hug. Silly Kudos.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 10-11-2010 02:05 PM

(10-11-2010 01:57 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  *Sending digital hugs* Big Grin

I know what you mean. If we don't get the right ending for Harry and Ruth, those who've been following them since series 2 will be totally peeved. (And i know that a large number of viewers have. Just look at the postcard campaign when Ruth left!)

By the way, for the record Spooks can have a happy ending! Zoe and Will got their happy ending in Chile. Why can't we let Ruth and Harry have theirs? Please!!!!!! (It's a valid point... Tongue)

Aww thanks for the hugs! I've been crying for so long since Episode 8 ended, really just stopped feeling sad about 8 hours ago when one of my other shows gave me a happy storyline to smile about. I need hugs, this Series 9 has been way too tough on me.....Undecided

I think a part of me wants H/R together just for the simple fact that if I have to wait through another year of will-they-won't-they, I may have to jump off a building myself! Another part of wants H/R together because then something good came out of Lucas's death, then I can feel like that the good Lucas didn't die for nothing.

As for happy ending, I was really rather hoping that Lucas ran off into sunset and joined Tom in happy retirement....that plan didn't quite work out....hmmm maybe Harry and Ruth can go on the run and into hiding together and live a nice life....start a club called Hermits United maybe?Silba

(10-11-2010 02:03 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  I thought i was being reasonable only asking for a hug. Silly Kudos.

Note to self, never ask Kudos to have hugs. I mean really! Last time I asked for a hug, I got a confrontation on a rooftop that ended in suicide by roof.....still not very pleased.....

Apparently asking for hugs from Kudos is dangerous.....

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 10-11-2010 03:20 PM

(10-11-2010 02:05 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  
(10-11-2010 02:03 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  I thought i was being reasonable only asking for a hug. Silly Kudos.

Note to self, never ask Kudos to have hugs. I mean really! Last time I asked for a hug, I got a confrontation on a rooftop that ended in suicide by roof.....still not very pleased.....

Apparently asking for hugs from Kudos is dangerous.....

Good point. However i may just keep risking it. Unfortunately i have an unshakeable desire for one. (Would be great in videos too Tongue)

Will have to think of rephrasing... how about:

"Hey Kudos! If you don't give me a damn H/R hug i'll crash the set and re-write one in myself!" Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 10-11-2010 03:26 PM

(10-11-2010 03:20 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  "Hey Kudos! If you don't give me a damn H/R hug i'll crash the set and re-write one in myself!" Tongue

I tried that one too, apparently they didn't take my threats very seriously....hmmmm I may have to go find those sharp objects that I've been meaning to throw at some people.....Silba

Anyways, it's kinda creepy and funny that I've got Harry Pearce following me on Twitter, that group that started the Twitter thing for Save Harry Pearce's Job is quite amusing with setting up all these accounts. I've got a whole section D following me....well...except Ruth....don't tell me she's angry that Harry is following me....Angel

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 10-11-2010 03:39 PM

They have been on twitter for absolutely ages! It gets pretty mad on there. (Especially after the series 8 finale). People come back from the dead etc... i'm being followed too.
(I regret to inform that i can't remeber who some of the actual posters are. Some i do remember though Tongue )

H/R is generally rather prominent on there if in a rather silly way at times.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 10-11-2010 03:54 PM

(10-11-2010 01:28 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I did think she only mentioned the marriage proposal to try and get some sympathy off Lucas, to try and befriend her captive as it were. It turned into a bit more than that though.

Two questions:

1) Why mention the marriage proposal? I get it from a structural stand point: for Lucas it is so simple, for Ruth it is so complicated. I am inclined to think with TL here, but I'd be curious to hear what other have to say. Incidentally, I think the beauty of Lucas' "marriage advice" is the juxtaposition of something so right being said in a situation that is so wrong.

2) When they cut to Ruth/Tariq crying and Alec/Beth/Dimitri standing in the hotel lobby passing knowing looks, what did they know? What I mean is, at that moment, did they know Lucas had taken his flying leap? Did they know Harry was OK? I know some of us think that they knew nothing and some think they had received word. I am not certain.

As much as I have enjoyed the parallel journeys both Ruth and Harry have been on this series and where it has moved to - and it has - I know that they know that they adore each other, I know where the line Harry will not cross is, I understand why Ruth can't commit. My disbelief will be stretched thin if I have to endure another series of will they/won't they. The Romantic and Pragmatist are constantly battling it out as to which ending I would like. I really don't care which way it goes, but I hope the writers sh** or get off the pot about it in S10.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 10-11-2010 04:30 PM

I think she mentioned the marriage proposal to convince Lucas Harry won't give up Albany just to save her.

As for the end, I thought the reactions were supposed to be in relation to Lucas' death. Harry had a mobile with him, he would have informed them what happened.

What I'm wondering, is in the scene after Harry rescues Ruth and she comes into his office to tell him he shouldn't have done it, she says that the man who did that isn't the Harry Pearce she knows. Why on earth does he then say that the man who kidnapped her wasn't the Lucas North they both knew? I don't get the point he was trying to make.