Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. (/thread-1239.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 14-11-2010 05:28 PM

Maybe Harry and Ruth decide to go on the run, become hermits and start a Hermits United Club? Meet up every ten years, swap stories about caves....sounds like a great life for a hermit! Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 14-11-2010 05:40 PM

Hermit life? You come up with the strangest things sometimes. Tongue

On a different note:-------------------------------------

I doubt Ruth would be able to cope with staying in the service if Harry left.

(I mean she could... but it would destroy the last of her old self).

This is another reason why i think that either one of them will die and the other leave the service (or be rash and get themselves killed) or they will both leave together.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 14-11-2010 05:48 PM

(14-11-2010 05:40 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  Hermit life? You come up with the strangest things sometimes. Tongue

LOL! Pardon me, I was watching Doctor Who, and there was the Doctor talking about being a hermit with friends....Big Grin

A hermit life doesn't sound that bad....I mean, it's quiet and peaceful, just what Harry and Ruth need after such a long hard career.....Silba

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - almh - 14-11-2010 05:48 PM

(14-11-2010 05:28 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  Maybe Harry and Ruth decide to go on the run, become hermits and start a Hermits United Club? Meet up every ten years, swap stories about caves....sounds like a great life for a hermit! Big Grin

Off topic, but isn't that a quote from Doctor Who? (Yes, I am that obsessed...)

I agree with what you say about if Ruth stayed in the service without Harry, especially if he left because he died, or he was fired because he saved her. I think that the amount of stress that that event would put her under would pretty much destroy her. Sad

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 14-11-2010 05:50 PM

(14-11-2010 05:40 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  Hermit life? You come up with the strangest things sometimes. Tongue

On a different note:-------------------------------------

I doubt Ruth would be able to cope with staying in the service if Harry left.

(I mean she could... but it would destroy the last of her old self).

This is another reason why i think that either one of them will die and the other leave the service (or be rash and get themselves killed) or they will both leave together.

oooh Dr Who Quote haha

I think they might both leave together Wink If S10 is the last then I think whatever is dug up on Harry's past would force him to retire, and I don't think Ruth could continue in the service if he wasn't there,
Part of the reason she couldn't marry him was because of the job Wink I agree if she stayed, old Ruth would disappear... I couldnt watch her if that happened Wink
But I hope neither of them die though Smile

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - almh - 14-11-2010 05:50 PM

(14-11-2010 05:48 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  

LOL! Pardon me, I was watching Doctor Who, and there was the Doctor talking about being a hermit with friends....Big Grin

YES!!! I was right!!!!

Anyway, carry on... Silba

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 14-11-2010 05:58 PM

Hahaha! You guys crack me up sometimes. Tongue

--------------------------------------------------------

I doubt i could watch Ruth in that circumstance either. It would be such a waste of a genuinely good person to end up like that. Sad

(However it would make Harry's point about good people going in, being chewed up and spat out. It would be the best example we've seen i think. Don't want it to happen though).

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 14-11-2010 06:02 PM

(14-11-2010 05:58 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  I doubt i could watch Ruth in that circumstance either. It would be such a waste of a genuinely good person to end up like that. Sad

(However it would make Harry's point about good people going in, being chewed up and spat out. It would be the best example we've seen i think. Don't want it to happen though).

I wouldn't want that either, but with these writers, considering how they've already chewed up Lucas and spat him back out.....I wouldn't be shocked if they did it to Ruth.....Undecided

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 14-11-2010 06:13 PM

(14-11-2010 05:26 PM)Aria Wrote:  I've been reading that fic and its good, but I'd feel a bit cheated if they did that on the show. After years of will-they-won't-they angst, I want to see how they would get together, we deserve it.

So would I, Aria. To be honest I think it was more likely that they turned up married at the end of season 8, not this season. They are still not that close now, to have that movement towards each other, ready for the next series. It just wouldn't ring true, too many gaps to fill in and questions.

Whether that whole "48hr later" thing was just because Harry didn't have that cut above his head in the footage they used, or perhaps 10.1 will start by telling us what happened in the preceding 48hrs which will involve some H/R. We never saw Ruth console Harry after Ros did we. There must have at least been a moment before the funeral.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - DogSoSmall - 14-11-2010 10:14 PM

That's what I thought, that the next series should start with the filling in of the 48 hours.