Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. (/thread-1239.html)

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - BravoNine - 18-11-2010 08:53 AM

I want to see them in bloopers together! LOL!

PF's already said that because they shoot episodes simultaneously so sometimes they get confused on where on the chronological timeline they are, it would be funny to see PF and NW do a scene together and be confused and puzzled on what the heck is happening! Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - jacko - 18-11-2010 09:14 AM

Now that would be brilliant, they seem to get on so well together, bet they have a right laugh.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 18-11-2010 09:43 AM

I know it will probably be a lot of money but you can see them perhaps releasing a big box set of seasons 1-10 some time next Christmas. You would hope that you would get a lot of extras in this, including a lot of H/R stuff. I can dream anyway. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Kirayuki - 18-11-2010 07:11 PM

Oh i hope not. I'd have to buy all 10 series again! Tongue
I'm terrible for these sorts of things. DVD set with loads of extras... Count me in. Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 18-11-2010 08:39 PM

I was just thinking, was this the best series for H/R? Did we get more moments than any other series, including S5? I think it maybe. Certainly better than S8. I think we had something in every episode didn't we?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Nitrus - 18-11-2010 08:41 PM

Did they kiss this series? I don't think they did but I could be way off.

When you say 'best series for H/R" do you mean best for the development of the relationship or just screen-time?

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 18-11-2010 08:47 PM

(18-11-2010 08:41 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Did they kiss this series? I don't think they did but I could be way off.

When you say 'best series for H/R" do you mean best for the development of the relationship or just screen-time?

No kiss. Not even close. Harry hovered a hand over Ruth's lower back though...Progress Wink

I think I mean the quality of the moments, with the on screen chemistry. If that makes any mushy sense. Basically, if you had to choose one entire series to rewatch, just to really watch Harry and Ruth together on screen, which one would you choose? I mean there were several moments in S8, but the quality of them IMO was poor and the writing and filming, often let them down.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Nitrus - 18-11-2010 08:50 PM

I think I'd still pick series 5, when it was new and we didn't really know where it was going or what was going to happen. At least that's how I feel.

This series was kinda predictable for HR imho. We all knew that they would get close to actually being together and then nothing would come of it.

EDIT: Plus, in S5 they actually went on a date, so S5 wins hands down. That date was a really good HR moment.

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 18-11-2010 09:07 PM

I think I'd pick S5 as well, S9 there were some good moments but S5 was the time where they had nothing getting between them, before it all got complicated Wink Oooh the date... for me that was a pure aww moment, I will always remeber Harry's face when she said she couldn't go out with him again, bless... he looked so heartbroken!

Perhaps Series 10 will bring us some better H/R moments,
Ruth's had 2 whole series to move on... I hope in S10 there's no more of this George and Nico guilt, I miss the way H/R used to be, I'd like to see their relationship similar to how it was before she left Smile

RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Beatriz - 18-11-2010 09:12 PM

I agree with the first part of Nitrus post. I would pick series 5, I think. It was so exciting when it was all unravellling... It's true that this series had a lot of Harry and Ruth moments, it was more heartbreaking; I did enjoy all the moments we had, as you say, TL, the series with more HR moments there. I loved the angst, so well done, IMO. The poor Harry is so lost and doesn't know how to deal with her... And Ruth trying to find out what she's feeling and what she wants...

I love the development of their relationship, from the very begining until now. Maybe series 8 was a bit weird and didn't quite follow a natural development from Ruth's point of view, maybe she wanted to move on in series 8 but then she felt scared? One step forward and two backwards... (I do that sometimes).

Actually I thought they will get together by the end of this series... The "will they, won't they" made sense this series, at least for me and from Ruth's point of view, but I don't think they can drag out this much more... Tongue

Is Nitrus sick or something? I can't believe he's discussing HR? Wink Tongue